Kerry Landslide

owl

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 05:49 pm
One of the sad things about the present administration is that it has so polarized this country that people are fighting each other. There seem to be two camps.

One truly thinks that Bush is a good president and the other thinks he is a bad president. In fact much of the Kerry support is (I think) due to a hatred of the polices of Bush.

The bottom line is that Bush is not a good Republication and has list some of the support from his own party. Kerry on the other hand has not lost any democrats.

This fact together with the intensity of the Kerry people vs the apathy of the hawks supporting Bush will result in a landslide for Kerry.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 734 • Replies: 13
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:27 pm
Well let's see. I really hate it when someone uses absolutes. So I will be the bad guy and point out that Kerry has lost some democrats. Zell Miller for one. My sister-in-law for two. Then there is my neighbor who I think has voted democratic for the last 25 years or so. That makes three at the very least he has lost.

Hmm, guess that makes your statement an error. Or, as so many democrats have said about Bush and his faulty intel, it makes your statement a lie.

There is really only one absolute in life, and that is the fact that we each will one day die. All other absolute statements really should be avoided.

Have a good day.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:30 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Well let's see. I really hate it when someone uses absolutes. So I will be the bad guy and point out that Kerry has lost some democrats. Zell Miller for one. My sister-in-law for two. Then there is my neighbor who I think has voted democratic for the last 25 years or so. That makes three at the very least he has lost.

Hmm, guess that makes your statement an error. Or, as so many democrats have said about Bush and his faulty intel, it makes your statement a lie.

There is really only one absolute in life, and that is the fact that we each will one day die. All other absolute statements really should be avoided.

Have a good day.

Yes, and don't forget former NY Mayor Ed Koch, a lifelong democrat, who is supporting Bush, not Kerry .... and actor Ron Silver, a staunch democrat, disagrees with Bush on just about every domestic issue, but he is strongly supporting Bush, not Kerry.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:07 pm
Didn't I see a poll--
11% Dems polling for Bush
6% GOP polling for Kerry?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:23 pm
Let 'em have their dreams a couple days more, Lash ... they're gonna get a real wake-up call Wednesday mornin'.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:39 pm
Re: Kerry Landslide
owl wrote:
One of the sad things about the present administration is that it has so polarized this country that people are fighting each other. There seem to be two camps.

One truly thinks that Bush is a good president and the other thinks he is a bad president. In fact much of the Kerry support is (I think) due to a hatred of the polices of Bush.

The bottom line is that Bush is not a good Republication and has list some of the support from his own party. Kerry on the other hand has not lost any democrats.

This fact together with the intensity of the Kerry people vs the apathy of the hawks supporting Bush will result in a landslide for Kerry.

Maybe where you live people are fighting each other. I don't see any evidence of fighting, but I guess it's possible. I've been talking to lots of people as I'm sure many of us that are emotionally invested in this election have. I've only met one woman, a lady (Democrat for years) whose 56-year-old son's job was outsourced and she blames Bush so she's voting for Kerry. I say God bless her and her son, too, if that's what she truly believes.

None of the people I've talked to have mentioned the WOT much, so I don't think all Bush-supporters are "scared" as they've been portrayed on this board many times. Most have seemed intelligent, so I also don't think they're "stupid" as they've been portrayed many times here.

About your comment that Kerry hasn't lost any Democrats - that may or may not be true. I do know that the majority of the US Military will most likely support Bush, as will the Fraternal Order of Police and the FDNY. Do you think they're all Republicans?

These are the first responders when we're attacked, who bore the brunt of it. They'll have to do it again and pick up the pieces if we suffer another one. They are the ones who have my admiration no matter what their party status. They don't believe Kerry is a better choice and neither do I.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:43 pm
You guys are buzzing around a cow pie
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:47 pm
coastalrat wrote:
...So I will be the bad guy and point out that Kerry has lost some democrats. Zell Miller for one. My sister-in-law for two.

No fair counting the same person twice.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:04 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
coastalrat wrote:
...So I will be the bad guy and point out that Kerry has lost some democrats. Zell Miller for one. My sister-in-law for two.

No fair counting the same person twice.

Sorry bout that. I was just practicing what the dems hope to do at the polls on Tuesday by counting someone twice. :wink:

I always wondered why my sis-in-law was so ugly.
0 Replies

owl

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:04 am
Ok I stand corrected. I made the mistake of writing my impressions on the election as fact.

Your our sister in law is probably a more important voter than Zell Miller or Ed Koch as she represents the average person.

One of the things Bush has done is to instill a fear in huge segments of the population in a way that the terrorists could never do.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:12 am
Owl, I was just being a smart-aleck in pointing out that making a statement with an absolute will nearly always make the statement false.

I am sure some dems are voting for Bush just as I am sure some republicans (and I know a few also)are voting for Kerry. I just gag when a statement is made that one side or the other has not lost/alienated their partisans.

As far as the fear thing, I think that is just a bunch of baloney. If you wish to rationalize your incredulity that anyone is supporting Bush because of fear, then fine. But I think you are underestimating the intelligence of your fellow voters. There are lots of good reasons to vote Bush, just as I am sure there are lots of good reasons to vote Kerry. And it has nothing to do with fear. IMHO
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:13 am
No problem owlie. And welcome to A2k
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:15 am
Coastalrat, you political beliefs may be a bit skewed but you have impeccable taste in avatar selection.

That's one of the finest I've seen
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:30 am
Thank you so much Gus. And it even looks a bit like me, except he has a bit more fur than I do hair.
0 Replies