6% un-polled

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:03 am
I saw on a television program today that not only are there too many newly registered voters out there to predict the election, but those with cell phones (about 6%) cannot be polled - they don't call these people presumably because the recipient of the call would then be saddled with a high phone bill.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 705 • Replies: 11
No top replies

squinney

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:35 am
I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is a cell phone database either as there is with the white pages. I've heard that is changing, but not sure the numbers are available to pollsters yet.

I haven't been polled a single time in the past four years on my land line, so I'm sure the polls can't be right! Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:02 am
and I was polled, though I am a foreigner, and cannot vote. Wonder if they keep track of that, too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 04:48 pm
Dewey can't defeat Truman every time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:23 am
Another factor, there appears to be a higher turnout in the making this time. That can run counter to the polls also.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:15 am
I saw on MSNBC last night (and Salon this morning) that a cell phone poll gave Kerry a 55 to 40 lead.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:22 am
Oh! Interesting.

How's they do it?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:29 am
I believe it was a cell phone only poll.

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=919

Glad you asked because it made me look it up.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:30 am
Looks like they used text messaging to get around charging the cell phone owner for the call.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:12 pm
Polls are useless for the most part. They are pushed either to the left or to the right to suit the needs of the pollsters. That being said every time I get a poll call they only ask 2 questions and that is it. This has happened to me twice. Question 1 do you intend to vote this year A. yes. Which party do you have the strongest ties to? A. republican. Thank you for your time goodbye.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:26 pm
I have never been polled for an election. Do they happen to call the same people every time, or do they try and call different people every time?
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:23 am
Baldimo wrote:
I have never been polled for an election. Do they happen to call the same people every time, or do they try and call different people every time?

They call people who suit their needs.
0 Replies