Is there class warfare being waged against the Middle Class and the Poor?

Blickers

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 09:41 pm
@Real Music,
Quote Real Music:
Quote:
Agreed. Who can stop it?

http://i63.tinypic.com/15qx1qg.jpg
Well, I can't say right now, but I can say that if you look at the chart, since 1979 the share of the top 1% has risen from 24% to 42%, or 75%. That's a raise of 1.7% a year for 33 years. There has to be some way that 1.7%, (or more, since the share is already too high), can be transferred back to the 99% each year.
Real Music

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:38 pm
@Blickers,
It would have to be done legislatively. I don't think the top 1% will take it upon themselves to help the poor. There are four ways legislatively that this class warfare being waged against the poor can be stopped.

1. The first way is with new strong pro-labor union laws to help bring back strong labor unions.

2. The second way is to strengthen consumer protection laws.

3. The third way is to cut taxes on the poor and middle class while raising taxes on the top 1%

4. The fourth way is to increase government subsidies to the poor and the less fortunate. Eliminate government subsidies the top 1% has been benefitting from.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 01:58 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
It would have to be done legislatively. I don't think the top 1% will take it upon themselves to help the poor. There are four ways legislatively that this class warfare being waged against the poor can be stopped.

1. The first way is with new strong pro-labor union laws to help bring back strong labor unions.

Are you going to force people to join unions?

Quote:
2. The second way is to strengthen consumer protection laws.

How do you propose to do this? We already have strong protection laws, how would you strengthen them?

Quote:
3. The third way is to cut taxes on the poor and middle class while raising taxes on the top 1%

Why? The poor already don't pay their fair share of taxes. At the federal level, there are people who earn very little, pay no income taxes and get more back in a refund. If you make under $50,000 a year, you likely get more back at the end of the year then you pay in.
http://www.cnbc.com/2013/12/11/the-rich-do-not-pay-the-most-taxes-they-pay-all-the-taxes.html

Quote:
4. The fourth way is to increase government subsidies to the poor and the less fortunate. Eliminate government subsidies the top 1% has been benefitting from.

BS. If you want to restructure the taxes in the US, you have to lower taxes and get rid of the write-off's. The rich will pay more and so will the middle class and poor, everyone contributes.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 02:32 am
Republican Admits Real Truth Behind Tax Cuts

0 Replies