Bush is really that Desperate

hail

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:22 pm
It is really unblieveable.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Laughing
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:35 pm
Perhaps the same amateur Photoshopper who works for the Bush administration did this as well:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/graphics/kerry_fonda1.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:54 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I notice a conspicous absence of the usual bush defenders.....they must be on afternoon prayer and tithe break Very Happy <<whispers>> shhhh.........they're such angels when they're supplicating :wink:

It's actually kinda cute just watching the children play by themselves.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:58 pm
That's actually what we're doin...lol
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:58 pm
Yeah, it must be fun when Righties are practically speechless regarding these desperation tactics.

I find it hysterical.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:08 pm
Here's a link you will all find interesting and informative. It's called: The Ten Worst Media Distortions of Campaign 2004.

Tell me if you agree with them, Dookie.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:12 pm
Actually, there is nothing interesting and informative about a conservative site that offers the same amount of lies and BS as the Washington Times.

So the answer is no.

BTW: Perhaps you should quote from a band that backs Bush. I seriously doubt that David Gilmore is a big Bush fan.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:17 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I notice a conspicous absence of the usual bush defenders.....they must be on afternoon prayer and tithe break Very Happy <<whispers>> shhhh.........they're such angels when they're supplicating :wink:

It's actually kinda cute just watching the children play by themselves.

believe me, it's a lot more enjoyable for us too.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:17 pm
I agree with some of them, some I don't but the situation is pretty bad and right now media bias is the least of my worries with our culture
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:22 pm
If you care to look at what Cynn posted...this is what worries me.

http://www.able2know.com/go/?a2kjump=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenation.com%2Fdoc.mhtml%3Fi%3D20041108%26s%3Dfacts
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:02 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Actually, there is nothing interesting and informative about a conservative site that offers the same amount of lies and BS as the Washington Times.

So the answer is no.

BTW: Perhaps you should quote from a band that backs Bush. I seriously doubt that David Gilmore is a big Bush fan.

I take it you only find liberal sites interesting and informative?

---

There's a band that supports Bush? I mean ... non-Country music? Very Happy

Why should I give a flip whether Gilmour is a fan of Bush? I'm a fan of Gilmour, et al. And Waters has always been anti-war. That's okay. I don't like 'em for their politics.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:19 am
um.....could it be, possibly, that maybe, someone got hold of a still from the ad and did their own Photoshop work...then circulated the doctored pic around the internet?

Is it possible...just asking...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:21 am
It's possible but the campaign has owned up to it. They said it was an overzealous technician who filled in the space where Bush was standing (giving a speach) with copies of nearby soldiers.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:36 am
The really funny part is that it is quite representative of the view that many liberals hold of how the Bush admin sees people: faceless, no individuality, good soldiers who all look alike...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:12 am
ok, duck...good enough. thanks
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:35 pm
FreeDuck:

Yeah, I just read the article this morning in the SF Chronicle regarding what the technician did. Apparently, they really liked the child with the flag and troops in the background. Why they would want to Photoshop Bush out of the picture is a little surprising. You'd think they'd hire a photographer instead in order to get just the right shot for Bush's site.

Definitely lazy.

Ticomaya:

As so much of the crap off Media Watch has ALREADY been debunked, it has nothing to do with "liberal" sites, although I find much more truth in them than the neoconservative crap that's out there.

And there is so much these days, it is really quite sad....

Oh, and Roger Waters wasn't around when David Gilmour sang the quote you provide in your byline. He was busy promoting his first solo album, Radio Kaos, during that time.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:52 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Ticomaya:

As so much of the crap off Media Watch has ALREADY been debunked, it has nothing to do with "liberal" sites, although I find much more truth in them than the neoconservative crap that's out there.

Interesting. It's quite the opposite for me.

Dookiestix wrote:

Oh, and Roger Waters wasn't around when David Gilmour sang the quote you provide in your byline. He was busy promoting his first solo album, Radio Kaos, during that time.

Thank you for your attempt at the PF history lesson. You apparently were not a big fan of "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking," Waters' first solo effort. Clapton was on guitar ....
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 01:07 pm
Clarification: I meant his first solo album AFTER he officially left Pink Floyd.

And as Media Watch continues to make unbelievably specious connections between Saddam and 9/11, and as roughly 60% of Republicans still believe that Saddam had something to do with 9/11, it is no surprise that you would believe the crap as well.

Very sad indeed...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 12:31 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
The really funny part is that it is quite representative of the view that many liberals hold of how the Bush admin sees people: faceless, no individuality, good soldiers who all look alike...

Cycloptichorn

Hmm. Here's a story about the difference between how these two candidates think about our soldiers and their families:

Quote:
ON MAY 5, 2004, Peggy Buryj, got the worst news a mother can get. Her son, Jesse, had been killed in Iraq. Jesse was manning the turret of a Humvee at a checkpoint in Karbala, south of Baghdad, when he noticed a dump truck racing towards his vehicle. Despite warnings, the driver did not stop. Jesse fired more than 400 rounds at the truck, killing the driver. But the truck didn't stop. It rammed his Humvee, tipping it over. Jesse suffered massive internal injuries and later died on the operating table.

Jesse's funeral got significant media attention in Canton. The military told Mrs. Buryj (pronounced "boo-dee") that her son's action saved the lives of at least three soldiers. "My son was a big hero in these parts," she says. "Canton really turned out for my son's funeral."

Six weeks later, Peggy Buryj claims that she received a phone call from a representative of John Kerry's presidential campaign. The caller identified herself as "Linda" and asked Mrs. Buryj, a registered Democrat, if she would appear at a Canton rally for John Kerry. Buryj agreed, but with a condition. She wanted to ask Kerry one question: "Why did you vote against the $87 billion for support troops in Iraq?"

"And I wanted to ask him--because I never hear journalists ask him, or anybody ask him--what was his reasoning for voting down the money?"

Buryj understood that her request was politically sensitive. So she told the Kerry campaign that she was willing to ask Kerry in private, before the event, or in a phone call. She promised that she would not go public with his answer. She even offered to sign a confidentiality agreement pledging that she would not talk to reporters about Kerry's answer.

"They were inviting me because of my son," she says. "You know, they were using me for their benefit, you know? Local hero's mother, you know?" Buryj notes that the Kerry campaign did not invite the Rameys, parents of Staff Sft. Richard Ramey, who died in Iraq February 8, 2004. "They were Republicans," she says. "I'm a Democrat."

Nevertheless, she wanted to attend the rally. "I wanted to go. I just wanted an answer to my question."

She never heard back from the campaign.

A month later, Buryj received a call from the Bush campaign. President Bush wanted to meet her, in private, along with the families of two other fallen soldiers from Stark County. There would be no reporters in the room. She was not asked if she supported the president.

Bush spoke to a rally of 5,000 at the Canton Memorial Civic Center on July 31. Afterwards, he met for 20 minutes with Buryj, the Rameys and the family of Sgt. Michael Barkey, who had been killed in Iraq on July 7. Buryj says she cried when she saw Bush. "He cried on my shoulder as much as I cried on his."

I called Peggy Buryj after reading about the episode in a letter to the editor published Friday in the Canton Repository. The letter was written by Bob Ackerman, the father of a soldier now in Iraq who has become a close friend of the Buryj family. I asked Buryj the obvious question: Why go public with this story now, so soon before the election. "I didn't go the press about it," she says. "Bob Ackerman asked me if I would mind if he told the story. I didn't mind."

I have no way of independently verifying Buryj's story. The parents of fellow Canton-area soldiers support her account. But the Kerry campaign strongly disputes it--suggesting she is lying on behalf of President Bush. "There is no evidence anyone from the Kerry campaign ever called her," said Jennifer Palmieri. I asked Palmieri if she had knowledge of a woman named "Linda" from the Kerry-Edwards office in Canton. Her response was immediate: "There is no one with the campaign named Linda."

Buryj spoke in halting phrases as she tried to articulate why, exactly, she wanted to speak with Kerry. "Basically, because I'm struggling with . . . why would he? . . . To me it was . . . As a military mother . . . Why? Why? What good reason could he have for voting against that money? There is no reason in my mind for him to vote down that money. And I will never understand that."

I asked if Kerry could have said anything that would have helped her understand his vote.

"I don't know. Maybe, if he would have answered the question. He voted for the okay to go to war. And then he voted down the money. As a military mother, you don't know how that offends me. That just offends me to the quick. And he's running for president. He wants to be our leader. He wants to be commander-in-chief. I think that's a fair question. I don't expect to get special treatment. But they called me. They called me wanting me to attend."

She continued: "When John Kerry says wrong war, wrong time wrong place--you don't know how that cuts me to the quick. That's like saying my son died for nothing. That to me is just a slap in the face. I talk to several military mothers, you don't know how many, and that hurts us. That hurts us."

Buryj is not angry at Kerry. It is possible, she speculates, that her request for an answer to her question never got beyond the Kerry campaign's Ohio staff. "In all fairness to John Kerry, it might not ever have gotten back to him." Nevertheless, she is disappointed.

And she's still waiting for an answer from the Kerry campaign.

"They have my number. They've called it before."

Link
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 11:10 am
Once again, more crap, and no understanding regarding the contents of the bills for funding the troops.

Typical ill-informed neoconservative screed.

This woman should be asking the questions as to why our troops were poorly equipped with no reinforced vehicles, bullet-proof vests, inadequate troop numbers, inability to secure weapons depots, etc.

But no. Just typical partisan hackery.

Very sad...
0 Replies