Fleck 1500/2500 Brine Take won't stop filling

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 02:21 pm
Hello, I have a Fleck 1500/2500 unit, that's what the manual says. So my softener keeps getting stuck in the brine fill state and won't complete the regeneration cycle. It fills to the point where there is a steady flow out of the drain tube.

Here is what I have done so far to no avail:

1. I have pulled apart the entire head and cleaned it.
2. Emptied and cleaned brine tank
3. Pulled the piston, spacers, and seals and have replaced them.
4. Pulled the injector body and replaced the injector screen, pulled and cleaned the other parts and replaced with new seals (rubber) on top and bottom.
5. replaced the brine pick up tube/air check that goes into the brine tank.
6. Checked brine valve piston to make sure it has airflow and piston is working properly.

The system will cycle through on it's own, it draws brine, etc... just fine, but for some reason it won't shut off the brine fill and complete the cycle.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,956 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jcutler81

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 02:22 pm
@jcutler81,
Should I add a float pick-up like this to shut off the flow to the brine tank?
http://www.softenerparts.com/Brine_Safety_Float_Pickup_Tube_BP1002_p/bp1002.htm
MrFreshwater

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 01:07 am
@jcutler81,
That is probably going to be the easiest way to do it. It's also more than likely the safest way on a fleck because you can get overflow before you even know what's happening. I am in the business of water filtration and typically prefer Autotrol units. Do you have a larger water softener?
0 Replies