Does the water still get softened if the softener is unplugged?

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 11:13 am
We just bought a lake cottage and only use it on weekends. We unplug the softener, water heater and turn the breaker off for the well pump when we go home for the week. The reason we turn off the breaker to the well pump is to avoid any kind of mishap like a running toilet or if the pipes would burst in the winter. So we also unplug the softener because if the electricity would go out for over 6 hours, the softener would automatically start to regenerate once the electricity came back on and there would be no water supply.
My question is, if we don't plug the softener back in when we go up in the middle of the week just for the day, will it still run through the softener and get soft water if it is unplugged. (I don't like to to plug it in for just the day because it automatically starts to regenerate and I have to keep pressing a reset button to get it through all the cylces before it will quit.) We only regenerate it every other weekend because it is just the two of us right now so I have it set to where we manually set it to start when we go to bed.
Thanks for taking time to answer my question.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,665 • Replies: 1
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:38 am
If the resin bed was recently regenerated before you unplugged it, you would have the same capacity to soften with or without power.

Yes, it will continue to soften water.
0 Replies