dws0960

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:52 am
I have a rainsoft system that I can not identify. I need to know how to properly adjust the settings on but I cant figure out what model it is. Heres some info that is on it. The back of the timer panel says 82251 bnfc 1.6, inj. 5 serial # 26850 madein 5/4/04. It has another tank attached to it that is plumbed in the line before the previous mentioned unit. It is half the size I 'm assuming a carbon filter. The back of it reads model (either QRS or DAS) 618h serial # 652226 mgf.date 4/23/04. Like I said I could use some help identifying what this is and how to set it up correctly. I seem to be getting good soft, clear water one day and iron filled toilets and showers the next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,758 • Replies: 10
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 06:42 am
@dws0960,

The QRS is a simple in and out GAC filter.
The other is probably a softener... does it have a separate salt tank?
Are the controls large white buttons and knobs or is it digital?

Both valves are made for RainSoft by Fleck and the should have some
kind of bypass valve attached.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
being that the date is 04, it's either a silver or gold series. you're right, knobs means silver, if it lights up, it's a gold, hopefully the qrs is the newer one and does have a bypass, I hated the older ones. You never know what people are selling, had a customer call me last week with a q2 he bought ,from the local dealer , as new in 2004.
0 Replies

dws0960

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 07:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
yes seperate salt tank, it is a softener. It has 2 white knobs one large and one small and a small dial with numbers 1-12 on it and push pull pins to set the regeneration days and a bypass. My problem is I cant identify the model to find a manual to show me how to set up properly. ie. which days to set the regeneration for and how much salt to use or what the slide with the 40-90 on it under the big white dial is used for and how to set it. I dump 160 lbs of salt in at a time and it goes thru it I would say in a month and a half give or take. Dont know if this is normal. My big thing is the iron in my water. I cant figure out how to set this thing up to get rid of it. Oh and what is a GAC filter and how do you take it out?
dws0960

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 07:26 pm
@dws0960,
All the manulas I have looked at online for the silver series do not have knobs that look like mine.
dws0960

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 08:49 pm
@dws0960,
The control alve is an erie 541-008. Just found it online. any set up suggestions?
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 02:58 pm
@dws0960,
dws0960 wrote:

The control alve is an erie 541-008. Just found it online. any set up suggestions?

I have no experience with Erie control valves... sorry.
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 08:11 pm
@dws0960,
it's a wsm. salt level is actually set by the float in the brine tank, 1 inch equals 1 lb of salt.
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 05:00 pm
@dws0960,
make sure that the time is set correct. regen time in the middle of the night. don't run water during the regen time. I've had a lot of customers tell methey don't run water when it's regen'ing,all they do is flush the toilet. Duh,now you got crappy water in the lines. Not saying that you do this. Need more specefics,like how many people using the system? what is the iron content,hardness? to be able to help you set it up. basically there is a screw that holds the 40-90 brine draw/ rinse time in place. need to rotate the knob to see it. what is the size of the tank? that will tell you how high to set the float in the brine well. If you have alot of iron, thebackwash valve couldbe stuck and not opening. when you put it in the back wash section, and remove the plug on the back of the unit does it slow down? if so the plunger is still working, if not it needs taken apart and cleaned. There's alot that goes into a service call, and sometimes well worth it to get clean, clear water everyday.
dws0960

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:03 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Thank you sir. I do have the time set correctly for regen in the middle of the night. No one should be using water but you never know if someone gets up and flushes, but i dont think this is a everyday occurence. There is my wife myself, and 1 small child using. Couldn't tell you the iron content/ hardness? I found the brine draw screw and have it set at 50. the tank is a normal one appears to be 4 ft x 8 inch around? I have the float set at about a foot and a half from the bottom of the salt tank. The salt tank hold roughly 5-40 lbs bags of salt when it regenerates it goes thru the cycles just fine it suck and shoots water out. How high should I be setting the float in the salt tank. Is this a unit any water softener repair man with decent knowledge could help me set up correctly? Thanks for your time.
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 05:31 am
@Joethewaterguy,
hard to really help you more without knowing the hardness and iron content. the float level seems a bit high, at 18" , that's like 18lbs of salt per regen, under normal circumstances it would be set at like 8" . since there is iron, and it's 5 years old, the media in the qrs might need changed. the iron that has accumulated could be breaking up and coming through. 50 seems ok for the brine rinse cycle.
0 Replies