Want to purchase/install 2nd hand rainsoft system

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 06:40 am
@H2O Man
I bought a rainsoft system off of craigslist and called a plumber to hook it up. He pointed out that the system I bought had 3/4" pipe, and my house has 1" piping. I went to my local rainsoft retailer and asked them if they make a system that handles 1" piping. They said their new EC4 system can handle up to 1-1/4" pipe. I looked on craigslist for another system. I found an EC4 for sale, and when I got there to buy it it appeared it could only handle 3/4" pipe as well. Are the 1" systems specially made, or is there some extra part I need to buy? And after I get a plumber to hook the whole thing up, am I going to be able to program the thing?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 8,515 • Replies: 4
No top replies

weezerwil

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 09:16 am
@weezerwil,
<BUMP>

Can anyone help me out here?
Notsoft

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 02:08 pm
@weezerwil,
just install an adapter to the 1" pipe and enjoy
0 Replies

chanel62

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:03 pm
@weezerwil,
buying a used system is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get . I wasted a couple of hundred the same way bought a used one off craigslist and tried to get it installed the installer told me the tank was empty no media so i got burned . also you dont know what type of maintance has been done or if the media is worn out
0 Replies

RayEGarcia

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 12:13 am
You jut try to buy the rainsoft system from a nice online stores and to install the 2nd hand rainsoft system, you must follow the rules and instructions of installing the water softener.
0 Replies