Anonymous E-mail Address

gollum

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 07:59 am
I have one e-mail address provided by Gmail. The address is the same as my surname. To the best of my understanding, Gmail only allows a user to have one Gmail account.

I wish to have a second e-mail address and for it to not include my surname so that can I send anonymous e-mails (nothing improper) on occasion.

Is there another provider that offers this service? I would rather not pay, if possible.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,818 • Replies: 7
No top replies

centrox

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 09:00 am
You are allowed to have more than one Gmail account. Instructions to create a second one in the link below. I just followed them myself and I now have a second account. I do not know if there is a limit to how many accounts you can have, but if there is, I think it is more than 2.

http://ocalamug.org/wp10/how-do-i-add-an-additional-gmail-account/

As far as I can see you need to supply a cell phone number because the final setup step is that they send a verification code as an SMS message, and you have to type it to finish setup.

centrox

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 09:13 am
It will be interesting to see how soon I start getting spam emails. I have chosen an email address which is just random letters and numbers like this [email protected] (not those actual ones) and the first and last names I gave are nothing like my real name, (or anybody else's I think).
centrox

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 09:36 am
there are other free, web-based email providers besides Gmail. Here is one, GMX.com

https://www.gmx.com/mail/webmail/#.2831726-header-subnav1-1
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 11:05 am
I have at least a half a dozen gmail addresses. Gmail actually encourages multiple addresses, as that allows for a work address to be run through their service while still allowing you to use other Google-based services effortlessly, such as a YouTube account (not just to watch videos, but also to upload them).

For a lot of small businesses you email, chances are pretty good they are coming through Gmail on the recipient's end, and you would never notice (or care, I might add. Gmail is rather efficient).
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 11:11 am
@centrox,
I have three e-mail addresses. Two of them get spammed regularly, the third (gmail) gets no spam. I don't know why.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 12:59 pm
@centrox,
centrox-

Thank you.

I do not have a cell phone. I do have a landline. Is there an alternate method to sign up. When I originally signed up for Gmail, I did not have a cell phone.
centrox

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 01:08 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:
I do not have a cell phone. I do have a landline. Is there an alternate method to sign up. When I originally signed up for Gmail, I did not have a cell phone.

Try GMX

0 Replies