Astronomers discover 7 Earth-like planets orbiting nearby star

zeroyanke7

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 05:13 pm
@TomTomBinks,
So we have stars that are close to our star (the sun) that could have planets. Why are we looking out hundreds of light years further for stars that could have exoplanets. Even if they have them then how are we going to get there? The new world order and science and academia is constantly distracting us.
Why not exclusively focus on the stars that are actually close enough that we could build nuclear powered space ships and probes to go out there. Umm.. Well because that would require doing work and they don't want to do that. Instead just waste a lot of time sitting behind a telescope watching.
Yeah I mean this one is a real winner. It is only 10 % the size of our sun. It is called Trappist that is an appropriate name for all of these exo planet hunts. They are traps!
This is the new world order distracting us. We have blue prints for spaceships that could go to stars much closer. But they are just sitting around and collecting dust.
roger

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 05:43 pm
@zeroyanke7,
Blueprints? Artists' conceptions, more likely.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:38 pm
@zeroyanke7,
Trappist 1 is about 40 light years distant. Whether it's 4 or 40 or 400 it doesn't make a difference. Travel to those distances is not practical now. This is a search for knowledge. Knowledge that we can use to better understand our world and our place in it. Someday travel to the stars will be practical, and when we go, we'll go with knowledge of what to expect out there. Your "one world order" and talk of "them" distracting us is what I like to call "nuts".
rosborne979

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:37 am
@zeroyanke7,
It's not about going there, it's about knowledge.
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:11 am
@rosborne979,
KNOWLEDGE??? We dont need no steenkeen knuledge
0 Replies

zeroyanke7

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 02:11 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I don't believe that it is going to be like planet of the apes if we send a human being there. Like with the Jefferson memorial but with a monkey face. Very weird that all of these exoplanet discoveries are found hundreds of light years away and stars like Barnards, Alpha Centauri, Tau Ceti, in which exoplanet discoveries were made back in the 1950s now we hear nothing else. The junk science now is exo-planets that we have no hope of ever getting to and drawn pictures by a third grader. Or parallel universes. What is the point?

TomTomBinks are you living in the stone age? The elites strongly believe that the ETs that are coming (in twenty or thirty years or so) have technology that is not that much more advanced than what the elites on earth have. They also believe that the aliens are going to make the huge miscalculation that earth only has the technology equivalent of what they had when the supposed radio transmission from there was sent. Say the 1950s. I love Lucy, the 1936 Olympics. Johnny Carson.
roger

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:36 pm
@zeroyanke7,
They will be much more up to date the closer they get. Of course, with Doppler effect I Love Lucy will be even more screechy than the original. I'm betting they make a quick 360 and get the puck out of here.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:48 pm
@zeroyanke7,
Zero, I don't know what point you're trying to make. Is somebody hiding this information from us? The elites? They knew of exoplanets in the 1950s? Planet of the Apes? What are you actually saying?
Zero, do you smoke a lot of marijuana?
giujohn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 09:34 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

Zero, I don't know what point you're trying to make. Is somebody hiding this information from us? The elites? They knew of exoplanets in the 1950s? Planet of the Apes? What are you actually saying?
Zero, do you smoke a lot of marijuana?

Being one of the "grays", English is not his first language.
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:01 pm
@giujohn,
I wonder why so many nutbags are attracted to discussion sites like this?
Blickers

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 01:27 am
@TomTomBinks,
Because in real life, other people won't talk to them.
giujohn

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 08:45 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

I wonder why so many nutbags are attracted to discussion sites like this?

Because here they can't be pantsed.
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 06:20 pm
@giujohn,
Laughing
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 06:33 pm
@Blickers,
Like me. I was interested in Trappists some long time ago, far away. Do they still exist? Or did they morph into planets?

0 Replies

zeroyanke7

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2017 09:37 am
@TomTomBinks,
TomTom did you know that Pittsburg was once the steel capital of the world? Now what is it? Brokeville? More than 30 tons of garbage left at a Kenny Chesney concert. Pittsburg. I even heard someone on a show say that they think Pittsburg is some kind of hot new gathering spot for the new world order. Just go underground. And wait for that James Webb space telescope to go up.
The mass media is just a brewer's kit for growing germs, says Bill in Charlotte North Carolina. A whole generation of people who grew up with Nintendo, says Jim Cramer. Stupid. Just so you know, the New World order has an agenda. Even Michio Kaku is appearing way less on TV these days and he was the big frontman for talking about things that were just ridiculous hocus pocus. So it is getting out of hand even for him.
0 Replies