Cheesehead Central

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:53 pm
WooHoooooooooooo!!!!!!! 6 and 4!Grady Jackson for MVP!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 11:38 pm
WOW!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:29 pm
ARGH I MISSED IT!! I don't know how. Busy yesterday, and busy weekend. Oh man I wanted to SEE it though!!!!!!

<repeatedly smacking self on forehead>

(Off to look up what happened...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:37 pm
Yay Najeh!

How's Ahman doing?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:11 pm
How is it possible that St Louis could pass for 448 yards and score only as few points as they did? Good job, Packers. But this Sunday it's against the 10-1 Eagles. I help moderate a little thread on A2K where we try to pick the winners of nfl games. I thought hard about this but finally picked Philly. I hope I'm wrong.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 10:37 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
How is it possible that St Louis could pass for 448 yards and score only as few points as they did?

Turnovers Johnboy! Lots and lots of turnovers! :wink:

Ahman is expected to start against the Eagles, Soz. Davenport got the numbers, but the O-line deserves most of the credit. The water boy could have carried the ball through some of them holes… and Henderson was blowing guys up.... Najeh just finishes better because some of the Rams actually seemed afraid to tackle him once he was squared and running full speed. He's a big dude.

Our rookie corner, Carroll had a breakout game. He returned a fumble for a TD and caught an interception that saved a TD. Al Harris looked as good as the predator ever did on the other side. Grady must have had a happy thanks giving because even Madden said he's starting to look like the Gilbert (the Grave Digga). Slowik must be addressing our turnover deficit (one of the worst in the league) because they stripped two more balls after the whistle had blew... and a third where they gave it back to the Rams for a time out. The stats don't show that. They were punching and clawing at the ball on practically every tackle... and the result is obvious. :smile: This team is still improving every week. Even if we don't beat Philly this week, don't go to thinking that we can't!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 10:54 am
I saw the second half of the game. St. Louis was terrible and Favre was brilliant.
Faulk did only one good play in the whole game, he was below 1 yard average on the third quarter -thanks to the Packers' defensive line- and the Rams did the most stupid "deceit play" I've ever seen in the NFL (I don't know the name in English: a fake field goal attempt trying to fool the opponent's defense: the Rams' failed miserably).

rjb, do you realize I've NEVER bet against the Packers? And I never will.

The National Conference is below par this year. Nevertheless, if they keep playing like this, my predicted Superbowl winner is, of course:
¡Los Empacadores de la Bahía Verde!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 10:55 am
:-D :-D :-D
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 10:43 am
Cheesehead Central is strangely quiet today...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 10:50 am
Yea, where are the geeks?

Pats won.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:54 am
Was the beginning of a truly lousy evening for me.

Oh well. We already knew the Packers were just one of the better teams in a pitiful conference -- if they manage to be the best team in the pitiful conference, probably good for them to know what lies in wait. Payback et al.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:57 am
I do feel bad for you Soz...a bitter loss. And there's nothing sadder than watching a future hall-of-famer flounder around to try and carry the team on his back.
Your point on the NFC is spot on. It is a woeful excuse for a conference.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:37 pm
sozobe wrote:
Was the beginning of a truly lousy evening for me.

Oh well. We already knew the Packers were just one of the better teams in a pitiful conference -- if they manage to be the best team in the pitiful conference, probably good for them to know what lies in wait. Payback et al.

I wouldn't worry to much, soz. The Vikes are falling apart even quicker than the Pack... and there is still one game left between them.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 01:13 pm
The Packers lost a season game? I had no idea, but big deal. We already knew that the NFC was inferior. But any given sunday (for instance, Superbowl sunday) any given team (Packers) can beat any other given team (say... the Pats).

My Pumas won the Mexican football semi-final.
Now we're off against Monterrey.
And THAT is really important.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 01:37 pm
LOL right on fb!

Sigue siguiendo!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 10:50 pm
Been busy this week... but yeah, that game sucked. But, best to get the blowout-loss out of the way before the playoffs this year, I suppose. Idea I hope and pray Sherman figures out we should pass to set up the run instead of the other way around to start out a game against good teams. That run to set up the pass crap works wonderful against mediocrity... but you can't run it down a stellar defense's throat when they expect it. And everyone expects it. Why not start with a play action pass... on first AND second down? I'm starting to think Rossley's back. Oh, and we may as well be planning on our defense being torched and scoring accordingly... ala Indy, KC, even St. Louis. We'll be just as happy if all those points prove excessive. It's no secret most of our best running gets done when we have a lead. When we're behind, a kindergartener could guess our play calling 90+% of the time. Must take steps not to get there.

Hat's off to Philly. They looked incredible.

My prediction remains the same... but I love the way Fbaezer put it!

¡Los Empacadores de la Bahía Verde!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 02:00 pm
I know this doesn't really belong here, but JP posted in the quickly moving "Do seasoned members get to slap Gus" thread, and I wouldn't want it to get lost in the shuffle! Gifs like this don't grow on trees, you know?

http://arena2045.net/fritz/slapping_gus.gif

Go Packers!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 02:43 pm
Thanks for the advertisement O'bill...

So what is your prediction for Christmas Eve? It could all come down to that... The vikes are fading fast but it is at the dome... could be a real good game.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 03:02 pm
I never expect to win at the Metrodome. That doesn't mean we can't... but I wouldn't wager any cash on it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we won't have to. By the looks of the conference, a home playoff game is probably the only thing at stake. Once the playoffs begin, "any given Sunday" takes center stage! Let's just hope we don't melt completely away before then.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 03:36 pm
If it ended today the pack would be sitting pretty good. St Louis in GB which should be a win... of course it looks like the road to the superbowl will be going through Philly this year.
0 Replies