Cheesehead Central

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 01:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Efficiency counts and Rivers was efficient as hell:
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3411/qb2009.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Notice his Yards per Attempt Stat. That's rough stuff. (Not to mention he didn't hold the ball too long 50 times, but I don't think that factors in anyway.)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:00 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Yards Per Attempt is also a factor of the receiver's skill. Rodgers didn't have Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates to throw to every game. I don't know if that's the best way to measure a qb's effectiveness.

Hell with it, let's just say that they are both good.

Cycloptichorn
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Fair enough. For what it's worth; I'd take Rogers over Rivers any day. None of these guys are islands, so no stat computation could accurately measure their actual worth.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:07 am
What is wrong with idiot Columbus????? Vikings site says the game (Vikes/Lions) is on Fox, I turn to Fox and it's some idiot sitcom re-rerun. No Packers either. Nothing but Cleveland vs. Baltimore on CBS. ARGH.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:11 am
@sozobe,
you traded for the Cleveland game... Sad

we get lotsa KC and Denver games here.

never the game I wanted.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:12 am
@sozobe,
Other then that, Soz, you are having a fine day, I hope.
sozobe

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:22 am
@realjohnboy,
I'm not sure I can get over it.

My day is ruined.

RUINED!!!!

(no, i'm fine. you?)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 04:11 pm
@sozobe,
Pack's on tomorrow night. Big game against the Bears.
sozobe

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 04:25 pm
@Gargamel,
Excellent/ drat. MNF is always on too late for us. I can try.

(Vikes won, Brett looked crappy. What I said to my dad [the longtime Vikings fan] before the season started was that I really thought last year was Brett's last best chance. So close, but didn't happen.)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 10:35 pm
******* disgusting post-fluke afterglow in Chicago tonight, after a full day listening to the usual fair-weather optimism that follows an unlikely start to the season for the Bears. Do I really have to wait another week before their fans realize how shitty their team is?

Worst of all though is to beat yourself as the Pack did tonight. We saw this penalty **** last year. And McCarthy apparently hasn't done jack **** to fix the problem.

Which is not to say the Bears don't deserve any credit. I mean it when I say that if every team they face this year commits 20 penalties, they have a legitimate shot at maybe going to the Super Bowl. Their ability to psychically force the other team to completely forget football fundamentals is ******* amazing. I think Urlacher collected, what, three mind-penalties tonight? These Bears are something, I tell ya.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 07:29 pm
Wondered how I'd feel about this game... so far I'm just cheering for whomever has the ball. It makes for an oddly fun game so far. All four TD's were welcome. ("That was SO a touchdown! He had possession! OK maybe not but who cares!")
sozobe

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 07:42 pm
@sozobe,
OK, that wasn't right, though. That was so a Vikings touchdown. So that's now a 14-point differential based on bad/ missed calls. (Well 11-point with the field goal. But still.)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 09:34 pm
**** TO THE YES! BRETT BOOED OFF THE FIELD!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 09:36 pm
Though not nearly as excellent as yesterday, the best day of my life. Me and Mrs. Garg are watching from our suite at the Drake, sipping champagne.

Off to Italy Tuesday.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 09:43 pm
@Gargamel,
Mrs. Garg!

awesome

congratulations to the both of yez
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 09:51 pm
@Gargamel,
Good lord, you're getting me all excited.
First of all, the Drake.

If you don't keep us informed, garg, I'll be after you.
Ok, not every thing.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 09:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi to Mrs. Garg.

Well, actually, hugs.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 03:57 am
@Gargamel,

snapped it off after favre let the 1st half clock wind down -- even though he had 2 timeouts in his back pocket...

congrats to the garg clan!
sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 05:48 am
@Region Philbis,
That's when I turned it off too, but mostly just because of time.... I really wanted to watch the whole thing.

Was that Brett's call or Childress' call?

Whatever it was, bad idea.

I'm happy the Packers won but I also wish it would've been cleaner. Not sure if the Vikings got some calls that went their way in the second half, but in the first half the home field advantage was pretty glaring.

Meanwhile, congrats Gargamel!!
patiodog

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 05:58 am
@sozobe,
Childress's call, and he said so. Was concerned about turning ball back over to Packers when they still had three TOs. I think it's gutless, meself.

Great losing coach press conference, by the way. Childress made it very clear that he blamed Brent and the officials for the loss. Great stuff.