Cheesehead Central

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 02:40 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
In OT replays are supposed to come from the booth, no?
is that the rule?
if so, would explain why there wasn't a flag...
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 03:35 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
No TD but the Cardinals would still have had possession, right?

right...and the odds of them not scoring....infinitesimal
Not necessarily:
Scrimmage at 15 + 15 for the Personal foul + 17 for room to kick. 47 yds is missable, and though we can assume they'd have simply marched down the field for the umteenth time, we can't know it. And hadn't dude just missed a 31 yarder?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 03:37 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thought that was the rule. I think most coaches throw the flag anyway though.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 04:02 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
Scrimmage at 15 + 15 for the Personal foul + 17 for room to kick. 47 yds is missable, and though we can assume they'd have simply marched down the field for the umteenth time, we can't know it. And hadn't dude just missed a 31 yarder?

at least give them 4 downs...
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 04:18 pm
@panzade,
Given. But infinitesimal chance of not scoring is a bit much. Wasn't too many times they stopped the Pack either; but it happened.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 04:24 pm
(Just popping in to invite yall to join us in the "Predict the NFL Super Bowl champ. Win big, big prizes." This week we will be picking all the way through the end in one sitting. Most of yall were in for the Wild Card games. Looking especially for Cyclop and Panzade).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 06:22 pm
Oh fer

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/brett-favre-back-with-minnesota-vikings-thanks-to-teammates-recruiting-/1
Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 06:31 pm
@sozobe,
you sound surprised...

"Favre is returning 23 days prior to opening day. Childress said in late July that Favre would need "2-3 weeks" of preparation time in order to play."

Ida bet money on his return this year.
sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 06:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Not surprised.

Worried, though.

Brutally beating up on him was the best way to stop him last year. The Saints have already said that they'd "target" him. If he's more or less whole now, I'm not sure he will be by the end of the year.

Aside from that, I'll be rooting for him and hope he does well, I think. (I found out about this via Facebook where an exchange between a friend of mine and a friend of hers I don't know made it sound like he decided to play for the Cowboys -- I found that appalling and so the idea of him playing again, for the Vikings, sounded pretty good by comparison).
Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 07:04 pm
@sozobe,
gargamel's take on this should be interesting...
patiodog

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 08:00 pm
We'll never forget you, Brent!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 10:29 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

gargamel's take on this should be interesting...

I think I overexplained my take in the last ten or so pages of this thread.

I'll add that the only real variable I see distinguishing this year's Vikings from last year's--last year's team really lacking nothing; they were good enough to go all the way--is Brett's fire.

I'm pretty sure I said before last year's season that he wouldn't be able to muster enough passion. He proved me wrong in a big way. But recalling his last year with the Pack, which ended with an NFC Championship-losing interception, and was followed by a disappointing season with the Jets (a team not worthy of comparison to the Vikings, yes, but Favre was bad all by himself), I will speculate again, given the way last year ended. Will he follow it with an egg?

Having pretty much "redeemed" himself, at least according to a certain narrative I find fault with, will he have the same determination? Does he, at least in his own mind, have anything to prove? How much does that matter?

I guess we'll see.

I'm not surprised by or overly concerned with the news, not yet at least. I'm just bummed Soz, Bill, and I won't be rooting (at least not 100%) for the same team this year.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 10:52 am
I would love to see another season of Favre playing for Gustav's team.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2010 05:40 am
@wandeljw,

and so you shall get that chance, wandel...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 01:07 pm
Time for some Packer's football again!

http://www.theonion.com/video/packers-fan-announces-he-will-return-to-drinking-f,14397/

The best

Cycloptichorn
panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 10:58 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
what a hoot!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 06:37 pm
"Okay, good. You're from Wisconsin, son. You don't walk down the aisle before you've been to Lambeau."--My father, upon learning the Packer game occurring the Sunday before I get married will be my first.
sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 06:44 pm
@Gargamel,
Ha! Your last name isn't Halpern, is it?

That's awesome.

Btw I expect a full report of the big event.

Oh and your wedding too.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 06:33 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

"Okay, good. You're from Wisconsin, son. You don't walk down the aisle before you've been to Lambeau."--My father, upon learning the Packer game occurring the Sunday before I get married will be my first.
Congratulations Gargamel! Should be one of the most memorable days of your life! Congratulations on your wedding as well!

Look for Aaron Rodgers to throw 4 TDs with no Ints... while Brandon (Action!) Jackson tops 100 yards on the ground, in a wicked blowout.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 06:55 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Gargamel wrote:

Congratulations Gargamel! Should be one of the most memorable days of your life! Congratulations on your wedding as well!

Look for Aaron Rodgers to throw 4 TDs with no Ints... while Brandon (Action!) Jackson tops 100 yards on the ground, in a wicked blowout.

I loved Aaron in our fantasy league last year. I missed out on drafting him by one spot, to McGentrix, and had to take Drew Brees instead.

Will Brett and his guys get it together this year?

Cycloptichorhn