Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 03:50 pm
@sozobe,

it was on fox.
great 4th quarter...
sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 04:03 pm
@Region Philbis,
It wasn't here. Browns were on instead.

I was keeping an eye on things via Fox live update (on the computer) and saw, at 4, that the game wasn't over yet -- and that the Vikes were 3 points behind and had the ball near field goal territory! -- so turned on Fox to see if the game was now on. It was. I got oriented. Brett took the snap. He threw the interception.

Yes, it was all my fault. Sorry for turning on the game. <sob>
sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 04:05 pm
@sozobe,
Meanwhile, the Browns were playing the Packers, and I did watch some of that. Rodgers looked pretty good. Ryan Clark looked OK. Fun to see Donald Driver. The Pack won decisively.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 08:26 am
Way to go Steelers!

Now after the Packers humiliate the Vikings next week, we'll be but half a game out of first place.

Statistic of the week: 0 sacks on Rodgers. Hallelujah.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 03:42 pm
Check out the All Brett, All the time cam set up for this game!
http://msn.foxsports.com/favrecam
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 03:58 pm
I liked the sign in Green Bay that welcomed Farve back home:
"We will never forget you, Brent."
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 06:50 pm
Brett Favre played like... well, Brett Favre. Pity the moron Thompson didn't want him to do that for us anymore. Minnesota doesn't win either of those games with Brett on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Thanks Thompson.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 07:14 pm
Wow!

Superstitious sap that I am, I was scared to turn on the game after what happened last week, but ended up watching most of the game from mid-second-quarter on. Really fun to watch. (Got sozlet hooked too!) I was impressed with Rodgers in the rally they had after being at 3 for much of the game. He looked like he was in pain at the end, hope he's OK.

Sozlet was freaked out by how I could predict what was going to happen next by looking at Brett's eyes in pre-play close-ups. (I totally predicted the TD toss to Harvin, though not the crazy Keystone Cops collision that allowed him to waltz the rest of the way -- just predicted a great play from Brett.) (And predicted some of the goofy stuff too... he was flat for a while in the middle there.)
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 08:34 pm
@sozobe,
That was a hell of a rally. Rodgers did very well. GB was firing on all cylinders for sure and would have probably been successful if they weren't up against the legend that is Brett Favre.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 09:33 am
Packers are good; Vikings are better.

Not sure just how tough the Vikes are, but it looks like they might run away with the division, the pieces of ****.

Seriously, what do you do when you're up against Adrian Peterson and a Brett Favre who suddenly cares about playing his best again?

What you don't do is let the QB sit in the pocket ALL DAY LONG. And you don't rack up the 3rd most penalties in the league. Two personal fouls in the red zone after holding the Vikings on 3rd down? Does McCarthy have this team under control?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 05:10 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:
a Brett Favre who suddenly cares about playing his best again?
Huh? We're talking about the same guy who took the Packers to 13 and 3 before Thompson decided he should play backup, right?

What you don't do; is treat the single most productive quarterback in history like a piece of **** because he waffles on retirement after 16 straight years of dedicated service. Had Thompson not done that; we wouldn't have fell to 6 and 10 last season, and I don't think the Vikes win either game this year.

Take notice that Rogers numbers are among the best in the NFL right now. But personal stats don't win football games. Teams and really special guys like Brett Favre do.

Gargamel wrote:
Does McCarthy have this team under control?
Not by a long shot. His idiotic distinction between good/bad penalties using "aggressive" as an excuse to commit penalties is absurd. It's an end-around explanation for a team that is out of control. A GM that was worth a **** would slap him upside his head. Too bad we don't have one of those, eh?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 11:30 am
Tampa? Really? Ouch.
Gargamel

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 12:19 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Seriously. Bye-bye playoffs. And so soon.

Perhaps our embarrassing special teams can be redeeemd before the end of the year. I'll root for that.

But it looks like we'll have to wait until next year for 1) an offensive line and 2) a pass rush.
panzade

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 04:41 pm
@Gargamel,
The Hackers tore my heart out yesterday.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:08 am
Wow. Beating the Cowboys makes everything better.

In spite of still more stupid penalties, you've got to hand it to McCarthy this week. To suffer such a disappointing loss last week and come back the next week and beat a team as hot as the Cowboys were takes some deft psychological maneuvering, don't you think?

Oh, and there was the sudden appearance of a pass rush. That helped, too.
sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:31 am
@Gargamel,
It was a good football weekend for me.

OSU beat Iowa in an amazing, nail-biting overtime game and pretty much guaranteed themselves a Rose Bowl berth.

Vikes beat Lions and I got to watch most of it -- the Lions were pitiful so that wasn't a huge win but it was still fun. Love that Adrian Peterson, fumbles and all.

And the Packers beat the Cowboys. Since I'm from Minnesota and loved the Superbowl Shuffle-era Bears, the Cowboys were always the most hated Packers rival for me. And I agree, Gargamel, it's a meaningful/ encouraging win for the Pack.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 03:13 pm
I am at work. Today is a long-weekend Monday here, so it's not formal at all.

I am wearing my Packers sweatshirt number 2. Boasted it to the "Pussy" Cowboys fans at the office. Dallas is the NFL team I hate the most.

Today's a good day.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:15 pm
Hell of a game! Always good to see the Cowboys lose and extra sweet when the it's the Pack handing them their asses!

In other news, the 40 year old has-been is currently the TOP RATED PASSER IN THE NFL!
Gargamel

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 10:02 am
@OCCOM BILL,
He just looks composed back there. Very methodical. A lot less of the frenzied, "rabbit-out-of-the-hat" plays we Packer fans grew to love and hate equally.
sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 10:06 am
@Gargamel,
I noticed the same thing. Way more discipline.

Childress seems to be a good fit.

Just looked him up on Wikipedia, evidently he has experience as a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator before becoming head coach (didn't know that).