The American Conservative Picks Kerry!!!

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:22 pm
http://www.amconmag.com/2004_11_08/cover1.html

Quote:

Yet, another conservative picking Kerry. It's funny, the Republicans are being splintered right now and they don't even see it. You have two groups, the Neo-cons and the Moderates, or the old republicans. The Neo's ship is sinking fast and you're starting to see the first signs of jumping ship. There will be a lot who follow the ship down the drain, thus splitting the republican party in half.

In 4 years, I can truly see a third party emerging from the Republican moderates and a lot of Democrat moderates. You'd have a viable third party and the RNC will be considered a radical wing full of cronies. It will be viewed as Enron, as it should.

The party lead by McCain, and Lieberman will garner a LOT of support from the country. I can definitely see this happening in a few years.

You only have Bush to thank for that, so tell me now, how does it feel to be a Yankee fan? You'll soon find out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 767 • Replies: 13
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:32 pm
wow...I'm speechless.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 02:49 pm
I'd heard this but hadn't read the actual endorsement. Thank you for posting it.

I can't argue with their reasoning but I'll be watching this thread as I'm interested in hearing some comments from the Bush supporters of A2K.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 02:57 pm
I am a registered independent...

It seems you find this a big deal and to me it is not... All I have seen is right wing this and that, on here how all repubs lie and how republican sources are not reliable...

So now all the sudden this is the mag to end everything? Jump on the wagon boys...

Still doesnt matter to me... Bush has my vote...

Oh and another thing... I dont let hollywood, talk show hosts, magazines, media or anything else influance my vote... just because Joe Blow endorses someone... Im not going to be OMG he supports him!!! I need to vote for him... Im just not impressed...By a name....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:03 pm
Hey! Some of my best friends are Republicans. In fact, some of the people who live in my house and are married to me are Republicans!

I know that your "you" didn't refer to me specifically, but no person posting on this thread (so far) has said any such thing about Republicans being unreliable.
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:09 pm
Armyvet35 wrote:

It seems you find this a big deal and to me it is not... All I have seen is right wing this and that, on here how all repubs lie and how republican sources are not reliable...

Umm, MoveOn.org or any other liberal media outlet came out and said they were endorsing Bush, that WOULD be news. It would be a big deal to you, admit it.

Quote:

Oh and another thing... I dont let hollywood, talk show hosts, magazines, media or anything else influance my vote... just because Joe Blow endorses someone... Im not going to be OMG he supports him!!! I need to vote for him... Im just not impressed...By a name....

What a crock. Let me ask you what news channel you watch? what radio station you listen to? what websites do you read? Answer those before you can even claim "media doesn't in fluence me".

So where do you get your information from? The internet? Websites? NPR? Forign papers? Where are you gathering this information from?

Open up your eyes, just a claim like that shows that you don't investegate alternative viewpoints in your argument, because if you did, you would NEVER make such a ludicrous and ridiculous claim.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 06:43 pm
I actually agree with the endorsement on just about every point.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 07:03 pm
Cool! Yeah, I agree that this is bigger news than the spate of "Kerry's Hometown Well Town Close to Where He Grew Up Well Town Close to Town Where He Spent Six Months Endorses Bush!!" kinds of headlines.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 07:58 pm
Armyvet if you had read every paragraph of the endorsement I would be surprised, for it spells out just why the Bush tenure is so dangerous to our nation and it is much more damning than any left wing endorsement could ever be.

But I don't expect you to try and understand what has been happening these last 4 years. The bellicose brotherhood has more important agendas.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:12 pm
Boomerang -- Some of the people I am married to would LOVE to be Republican again.

Thanks for posting this JoeR. Bush's policies are being seen for what they are -- radical, divisive and dangerous. It is not the first time that I've heard of conservatives who see Bush as extraordinarly reckless and in the thrall of a strange cabal of neocons.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:34 pm
Ha! Piffka! My Republican is voting for Kerry but he would love to be a Republican again too!!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:43 pm
Yup. Mine too. He was waxing on about Goldwater this afternoon, poor fella.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:30 pm
I am trying to picture my cousin W, the John Birch person, voting for the same person I do..
I wonder ..
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:13 am
Armyvet
You're certainly free to cast your vote for whomever you want, but if you don't see the IRONY in the American Conservative endorsing Kerry.............Perhaps you're missing the big picture here?
0 Replies