my boy suddenly stop talking in nursery

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2017 11:36 pm
my boy is almost 4 years old and he will begin going to school after 6 months

he is attending nursery/daycare on daily basis since he was 1 year old

he is so happy to go to school and have a good relation between him , other kids and teachers

he play and pariticpate in all activities

however , lately in the last 2 weeks we had noticed that he dont like to go to school and his teacher told us he is not talking a word during the whole day .  but he still active in playground and interact with other kids and activity . however , he doesnt say a word.

at home and after school he is very talketive and playful when he is with us , relatives and other kids in the play ground

we went to school and we didnt find anything that scared him even after he saw us there he didnt say a word to us.

what is the cause of this attitude noting he is very clever and has no hearinf problems and no issues being noticed outside nursery boundries

TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2017 11:41 pm
@mohdexo1,
Something must have scared or upset him. If the teacher is unaware of the problem, maybe one of the other children said or did something to upset him. If you ask him the right way, maybe he will tell you what happened.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 09:22 am
I would add to this, if his verbal skills seem to have declined in other areas, or if he has become more withdrawn, please get him to his pediatrician as this can be a sign of autism - and if that is what is going on, then it's better when intervention is early.
0 Replies