Harper for House of Representatives 2006?

Harper

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:58 am
I am thinking of running in 2006, as far as I know, I would be the first transsexual/transgendered woman to do so. Of course, I would wage a nationwide campaign as far as fundraising, based on the fact that the TS/'TG community needs a voice in our government, I have gotten a tremendous amount of experience from working on the Kerry campaign. Talking to people face to face about the issues has been one of the most fascinating things I have ever done. I doubt very much that I would win but stranger things have happened. I am a dynamic public speaker and am able to discuss and debate issues better than many who are in Congress now. I think I am a natural!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 601 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:00 am
Go for it then! :-)

And good for you for working so hard on the campaign.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:29 am
sozobe wrote:
Go for it then! :-)

And good for you for working so hard on the campaign.

Can I count on your support? Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:34 am
Uh... ;-)

Good phrase for a politician though! You're say 1/4 of the way there! :-D
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
Re: Harper for House of Representatives 2006?
Harper wrote:
I am thinking of running in 2006, as far as I know, I would be the first transsexual/transgendered woman to do so. Of course, I would wage a nationwide campaign as far as fundraising, based on the fact that the TS/'TG community needs a voice in our government, I have gotten a tremendous amount of experience from working on the Kerry campaign. Talking to people face to face about the issues has been one of the most fascinating things I have ever done. I doubt very much that I would win but stranger things have happened. I am a dynamic public speaker and am able to discuss and debate issues better than many who are in Congress now. I think I am a natural!

Good luck, are you going to demand that they remove all gender labeling off of the bathroom doors or are you going to demand that they place skirts on the men's room door and pants on the ladies room door? Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 08:05 pm
I wonder how Harper fared in her/his political campaign?
0 Replies