4 Short Phrases: English into Latin for Lyrics

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 02:16 pm
These are lyrics for a short chant I am writing:

"Seek the light of truth.
The love of God surrounds you.
Show the world your true self.
In this way you will heal it."

I'd like it to be in latin because it has no native speakers, and the intention is not to engage the monkey mind when it is sung.
The first and third phrases are imperatives. The second and fourth phrases are statements of fact.
"In this way" refers to showing your true self. The last word "it" is referring to the world. The world is not simply referring to the planet;
it includes all the people, all the oceans and rivers, the mountains, the plants and animals.
In "The love of God surrounds you." The connotation I envision for surrounds is like an embrace, a protective shield, a life giving ether, a guiding friend.
In "Show the world you true self." The connotation I assign to show is like shine, radiate, share, give, reveal.

I started trying to use google translate but found that it would take a very long time and research for me to reach any sort of satisfactory translation. The best I think was able to get out was this, although it may not be very good at all: "Quaere luce veri." for "Seek the light of truth." "Fulge vestra verus sui ad mundi." for "Show your true self to the world." in which I am content to use 'shine' instead of 'show'. That's as far as I got.

If it makes a difference grammatically, you can consider everything spoken from one person to one other person, not to a group of people. Since this is for a song, if possible I'd encourage you to leave me with options to choose from for what may work the best when sung, although I am grateful for any help you can provide.

Thank you for your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,688 • Replies: 1
No top replies

George

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 07:07 am
Seek the light of truth.
Quaere lucem veritatis.

The love of God surrounds you.
Dilectio Dei te amplectitur.