TINY RED BUMPS.....

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:22 pm
Xain just woke up from his nap and he has little red bumps on his cheeks. There is also one that is right on hs top lip. they sort of look like little pimples--- any one know what they could be??? Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,968 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:23 pm
I get exczema and it looks a bit like that, could also be an allergic reaction. Have you changed detergent or fabric softener recently?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:26 pm
Gosh, could be a lot of things. Both cheeks? Sometimes sozlet would get heat rash if she was too hot during her nap, but that tended to be the cheek that was sleeping on.

Call your pediatrician if you're concerned, that's what they're there for. :-)

Good luck!
0 Replies

xmom2704

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 04:32 pm
k so we went to the doctor and he said he isnt sure exactly what they are-- he took some tests, we went to get aveeno and we will see tomorrow what it is if it is anything to be concerened about. but now they are on his arms too.
xmom
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 05:34 pm
Quote:
Newborn acne: Some babies get newborn acne (AK-nee) when they are three to five weeks old. Your baby's cheeks may feel rough and may be covered with a red, oily rash. Wash your baby's face with warm water. Do not use baby oil, creams, ointments, or other products. These will only make this rash worse. Keep your baby's fingernails short to keep him from scratching his cheeks. No special treatment will clear up newborn acne. Like milia, newborn acne should go away once your baby's skin pores begin to naturally open.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 05:36 pm
I think I remember that Xian is 8 months old...

I wish I could remember details (this is what I'm talking about! it all fades so fast) but I remember this happened with sozlet around then (roughly) and it wasn't too big of a deal. Didn't do anything in particular, and it went away before long.

Glad you had the doc take a look at it.
0 Replies