Cranky Folk

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 03:45 pm
Potential L to the Ed,, Victorville Ca Daily Press:

In “Response to getting cranky” Jan. 27 Donna Isbell attempts a reply to an earlier Letter asking, “…who is going to make us great again?,” but suggesting "(A)…lazy people that don’t want to work, (B) Women on Welfare…, (C) ...disability…too depressed to work, (D) All of the above,” responding, “…didn’t all this happen under the Democrat's watch?,” further asking, “Aren't these issues the reason there are so many cranky people?”

Now I don’t know about the Demos, but in some 18 years using my favorite if somewhat obscure correspondence site A2K, I’ve logged an interesting statistic of pertinence having started two listings, one “Good Guys,” and the other, “Not.” (These correspondents are complete strangers at remote sites all over the world). As it turns out, so far there are 25 of the former but only 19 of the latter. Owing to the general condition of today’s world, I have noted the cranky ones largely as realists; but then today how can anyone be friendly and optimistic? So I call these 25 “Goofball.”

The World thus divided into Cranks and Goofballs, The cranks I call TAATANE, and I do understand ’em as I used to be one myself. As a retired fella of 86 and depressed by the idea of work but otherwise cheerful—mainly because my Better Half makes all the important decisions—I now find myself leanin’ toward the Goofball quadre.

Indeed I was a Democrat and an Atheist but as I matured I passed thru the Independent and Agnostic, while now find myself a sort of politically Torn and spiritually Teetering.

For the curious student of the bizarre, it’s “Terribly Angry at All Times About Nearly Everything.” So Donna, which’n’ wouldja rather be?

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 646 • Replies: 0
No top replies