Anyone else experiencing this?

RfromP

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 07:15 pm
Including last week so far I've come home to find two prerecorded messages from the President, one from the President's mommy and two from local Republican campaigners asking me to vote for Bush this election. I don't know how they've gotten my number because it's unlisted and I'm also on the do not call registry. These people are really pulling out all the stops. Maybe it's because when I registered to vote I put no party affiliation? I understand maybe one or two but five calls in a little over one week? This is just one of the reasons I hate telephones. Damn you Alexander Graham Bell!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 484 • Replies: 4
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 09:16 am
That's one of the advantages of living in a "dark blue" state: nobody asks me to vote for anything.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 09:26 am
Political campaigns are exempt from the Do Not Call Registry. That one may have an unlisted number does not prevent a chain dialing program from dialing that number.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:42 pm
UPDATE: Received two more calls this week and it's only tuesday. One prerecorded message from former New York City Mayor Ed Koch and another from local GOP campaigners. Both calls were asking me to vote for Bush.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:13 pm
Re: Anyone else experiencing this?
RfromP wrote:
Including last week so far I've come home to find two prerecorded messages from the President, one from the President's mommy and two from local Republican campaigners asking me to vote for Bush this election. I don't know how they've gotten my number because it's unlisted and I'm also on the do not call registry. These people are really pulling out all the stops. Maybe it's because when I registered to vote I put no party affiliation? I understand maybe one or two but five calls in a little over one week? This is just one of the reasons I hate telephones. Damn you Alexander Graham Bell!

Shocked
Isn't this confidential information?
0 Replies