For your viewing pleasure...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 641 • Replies: 7
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
I don't get the point of any thread that thinks it is somehow relavent when candidate's relatives, hometown papers or whatever come out in support of the other candidate. Big deal. Just means they happen to have different views on the issues. I couldn't care less who Bush's cousins support. Or his hometown paper. Or Kerry's hometown paper. Or Kerry's cousins. Or whatever.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:21 pm
Thanks for your opinion on the quality of my thread, CR, but this is purely for entertainment purposes.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 07:08 pm
Thanks FreeDuck...I enjoyed the humor in this Cool
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:27 pm
Quote:
I don't get the point of any thread that thinks it is somehow relavent when candidate's relatives, hometown papers or whatever come out in support of the other candidate. Big deal. Just means they happen to have different views on the issues. I couldn't care less who Bush's cousins support. Or his hometown paper. Or Kerry's hometown paper. Or Kerry's cousins. Or whatever.

Despite the fact that this was presented as a joke, you may want to care a little when many papers, former military leaders, heads of state, etc., who may have endorsed Bush four years ago, but are all endorsing Kerry this time around.

That is what is most telling. The fact that you don't care is very sad, because you really should care, as I'm sure Karl Rove does.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:00 pm
Bush's ninth cousin, twice-removed no doubt also favors Kerry:

http://a1356.g.akamai.net/f/1356/2383/4h/msn.ancestry.com/landing/strange/bush4/str_relations_bush_kerry.jpg
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:19 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:

Despite the fact that this was presented as a joke, you may want to care a little when many papers, former military leaders, heads of state, etc., who may have endorsed Bush four years ago, but are all endorsing Kerry this time around.

That is what is most telling. The fact that you don't care is very sad, because you really should care, as I'm sure Karl Rove does.

Why should their opinion carry any weight with me Dookie? Do you allow people to convince you of the correctness of their position simply because of who they are? Or rather, do you listen to the positions of the candidates and then use your own intelligence to decide who to vote for? I know which category I am in, so it really does not bother me that you think it is sad that I don't give much thought to who is endorsing who. But you of course are free to do so.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:22 pm
Hilarious Joe! I hadn't seen that before, though now I remember hearing something about it.
0 Replies