Affair that ended but he still wants contact by message??

Uniblue

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 12:47 pm
Hi

I had an affair with a married man which he ended due to his children. This ended 6 weeks plus ago but he still wants to text 15-20 times a day but never actually meet up. I haven't seen him since he ended it. Ive now stopped replying but why would he want to be in constant contact and not meet up? I have asked him but he says it will make it harder to see each other but to me talking is harder.

Any insight from anyone as to why he would want this? I just can't understand it.

To be clear - I never set out to have an affair with a married man and I deeply regret it and trying to move on but I have a need to understand things

Tiger81

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 12:52 pm
@Uniblue,
Because you fill a need that he has, without any risk to him and also without filling any of your needs. He broke it off, he doesn't get to dictate the future terms, you do.

I agree with you, going to "no contact" is going to be better for you in helping you heal and move on with your life.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 02:40 pm
He misses the excitement. Kind of like being attracted to the "forbidden." or because he's bored.

If you are REALLY committed to getting away from this man, then you do know how to block him. Are you ready to do that?
0 Replies

Married-with-a-BF

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 05:00 am
@Uniblue,
He loves what he had with you, loves the excitement in his life, but realizes he doesn't want to loose everything he has, over you. But talking is still fun.
Not fair on you though at all. It's either all in or all out, there's no in between!
0 Replies

Uniblue

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 08:00 am
Thank you all for your opinions. You're all right and time to block. Thank you x
0 Replies