Floridians Come Out in Huge Numbers for Kerry

squinney

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:35 am
We are getting heavy Kerry turn out in NC early voting, as well. Expecting double the number of early voters compared to 2000.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:37 am
I had ordered an absentee ballot. I checked with the Commissioner of Elections, and they told me that it was mailed out Monday.

I want to sit quietly, in the privacy of my house, and read everything carefully. There are a lot of propositions that are on the Florida ballot. I have found that in the past, the propositions are written in such a language that it is easy to become confused. I want to make sure of what my vote means.

I saw a debate between Castor and Martinez, the people who are running for the senate. I was not particularly impressed with either of them. (Does that sound familiar?) There is another debate next Monday, and I will hold off voting until then.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:57 am
McGentrix wrote:
maybe this is the problem in florida. How is it that you get to vote early?

C'mon, McG. Are you just playing a game with this question?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:28 am
McGentrix wrote:
maybe this is the problem in florida. How is it that you get to vote early?

http://election.dos.state.fl.us/earlyvoting.shtml

Quote:
The 2004 Legislature passed legislation which standardizes early voting throughout the state. Early voting is defined as "casting a ballot prior to election day at a location designated by the supervisor of elections and depositing the voted ballot in the tabulation system."

Under the new provisions which are effective July 1, 2004, all supervisors will begin conducting early voting in their main and branch offices 15 days before the election. In addition, supervisors may designate any city hall or public library as an early voting site; however, if so designated, these sites must be geographically located so that all voters in the county have an equal opportunity to cast a vote. Early voting will continue through the day before the election.

Early voting will be conducted at least 8 hours per day on each weekday during the early voting period and will be provided for 8 hours in the aggregate for each weekend during the period.

Voters who want to vote early should remember to bring a photo and signature identification with them.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:37 am
Huh. I hadn't heard of that until now.
0 Replies