On November 3...

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:03 am
If bush is elected, the flag will fly upside down and at half mast at my house.......perhaps one of the last times I will be able to protest without being arrested for it.....

Not lke I think the courts will make their decision for bush much before christmas....

How do any of you intend to voice your dissent and unhappiness if bush gets four more?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 694 • Replies: 11
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:05 am
By turning my back on both major parties the rest of my life. - Not that it matters for a liberal in Texas to do so.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:06 am
I agree with you there Edgar...no matter who wins this election I will throw my efforts into searching out a truly viable third party.....not like I think there will even be a viable second party if bush stays in Washington......
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:08 am
I will become more politically active. Some way, some how, and try to get Hilary elected in 2008. :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:08 am
I am at heart a Green, a perpetual loser.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:23 am
I'd definitely redouble my political activism. I used to be VERY politically active, and have gotten back to that a bit with the Kerry campaign. That's where I'm focusing my efforts now -- ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure and all that -- but if Bush does win, I'd do more activism specific to what he is (or isn't) doing.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:25 am
but what will you folks do that day?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:36 am
I will quietly go about my non political activities. I shall neither speak nor nod to those Republicans of my acquaintance.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:42 am
First I'll swim toward Mexico. I'll swim past sea turtles and fish, hopefully have the chance to punch a shark on his nose. Mad I'll swim until my legs and arms feel like rubber. I'll think about ending it, right there, right then, but since I float too well to drown, eventually anger will replace despair again, and I will kick and splash my way back to shore where I will collapse in a heap. Hopefully it'll be a sunny day. I will lie on the beach sad and despondent until I begin thinking, "But hey, I live in paradise... life isn't really all bad..." Then I will get up and go back to my daily activities. I'll be in a crappy mood, however (so don't schedule any massages with me for that day, people! Mad ) and probably growl a lot. I'll try to convince my boyfriend to move us all to Germany. Again. But he won't want to move. Again. I'll sigh and resign myself to not becoming an expatriot for four more years. I'll go to my accounting classes, do my work, try not to let it get to me after the initial shock and disappointment... I might just go buy us a flag to hang upside down, though... Let's hope we have a happy outcome to the election, though, for our country's sake...
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:47 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I will quietly go about my non political activities. I shall neither speak nor nod to those Republicans of my acquaintance.
This will be hard for me...my father and brother are planning to vote for Bush...we don't even talk about the election because it makes me angry.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 12:04 pm
Is burning him in effigy illegal? That might be constructive and direct our frustration more positively. Might be something newsworthy, a new start to our new political activism... Idea
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 01:47 pm
I'll have a beer and celebrate the victory knowing the best man won.
0 Replies