Types of thinkers

Einherjar

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 01:59 pm
20% right brain, 80% left. I don't paint though, so I had to guess based on related experience to answer many of the questions.

Edited, I got the percentages mixed up. It's 80% left brain.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:01 pm
Hmmm, I am, they say, 65% right brained.
And annoyed, the test annoyed me. It's my week for being annoyed...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:03 pm
That's the fun of it, Einher. Substitute thinking is not only for teachers. <smile>

Osso, Why should it annoy you? I'm not surprised that you're creative.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:28 pm
I don't want to discuss the questions, so as not to affect other peoples' answers, Letty. Not yet, anyway.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:33 pm
I was 85% right-brained on that test - and I was answering mostly in terms of how I program. You'd think that would be a left-brain hobby.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:00 pm
My score was 60% right brained. I don't know why but everytime I was waiting for the page to load I was hoping that I picked the left brain answer.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:25 pm
And I, Carbon, was hoping for the opposite. I would rather have mystical and artistic intuitions than a sharp logical facility.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:56 pm
The way I was going, I thought I would come out 90% right brained.
Well, assuming the questions stay the same, I'd like to discuss them at some point, to riff.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:42 am
JLNobody wrote:
And I, Carbon, was hoping for the opposite. I would rather have mystical and artistic intuitions than a sharp logical facility.

I wish I was more left brain. They get along better in society and have an easier time in school.
The closest I get to logic is watching other people use theirs, it has felt like a curse to be this way, but I'm learning to accept it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:52 am
Your score is 70%. Your right brain is quite dominant

I knew that
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:54 am
Pan

How did you fair in school when you were younger, if you don't mind me asking.
I was so painfully bored, school felt like an endurance test that had to be tolerated.
If I studied I got A's but that was rare, so I received low marks.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:17 am
late to the 'party' as usual, i must add my own theorem on mental personality:
[caveat; this has nothing to do with 'race'!!]

I look at people as falling into three categories (similar to Cav), the Black, White, and Grey!

The black person is the straight line thinker, the worker, the people who actually, when the dust has settled, who get things done.
They have however no wish, thought, or ability, to create or modify the process; but are happy to toil away, manipulating the numbers, the coins, the bricks, and build from the plans of others.

The white person is the 'creator', the one who invents the world, defines it, suggests the possibilities; and, before you know it, is off 'reinventing the wheel' next door, having completely forgotten the 'wheels' of yesterday.
These people are the engines of progress, technological gurus, and midwives of fashion. The world follows their whims, while they blow as gadflies on the winds of change.

And then we have the grey people; the managers.
Heading the mammoth multinationals, the historic institutions, and the organizations which define humanity, these are the leaders of society, its 'controllers'; they run us, combining the stolen inventions of the white, and co-ordinating the endless energy of the black group to execute the tasks.
And of course there is a spectrum of managers from the giants of industry to the pizza shop boss.

And while the three are seamlessly combined (in a more or less successful amalgam) in the small business entrepreneur, the are all interdependent in the overall success of the human journey.

[there are the 'thinkers', and the 'doers', and without both, and those precious few who can 'translate' for them, nothing will get done!]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:23 am
Wow, Bo. For a moment there, I thought I was reading Setanta. Great response, however.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:34 am
Bo

Well put, we are all necessary.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:49 am
I was in Argentina for my first two years of school and it was a challenging curiculum.
Then moved to the US where I struggled to smooth out my English . In fourth grade I lost a spelling bee for spelling Wensday wrong.

I was brilliant in 5th and 6th grade and then it went downhill until I was sent to a British boarding school where I had to work my butt off to graduate.

I've always been right-brained as the chaos in my life attests.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:54 am
Pan

That sounds exciting, I'm a chaos junkie myself, your in good company.

I just started to settle down in the past 3 years and it feels good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:58 am
Just checking into this thread..... I think of myself as having pieces of the three types that cav mentions. My outward view is global, but my inward view is, perhaps, not.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:59 am
being comfortable with chaos; is a direct link to the rest of the universe!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:00 am
So, we have acters, thinkers and seers?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:14 am
but we are plagued with 'seers' who will not open their eyes!
0 Replies