Types of thinkers

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:06 pm
I think I think complexly, in that while I probably have a cycle going on, there are, as in biochemical cycles, reactions, thoughts, going off from the circle and input, new thoughts, coming in to it, various adjustments made with the new addition, so that new knowledge becomes part of the data base, and occasionally a new product compound - thought - develops. What I am trying to describe is a feedback inhibition system, sort of a complex mechanism that is always adjusting but has certain fundamental reactions as part of the basic process.

Hah, my posts are often not linear!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:18 pm
There ain't no haphazard category . . .
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:20 pm
What do the different types of thoughts mean? I need help so I can identify my type.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:22 pm
Actually, look back to the beginning of the thread, Cav explains what he means . . .
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:27 pm
thanks setanta, long day, i wasnt thinking, dont i feel stupid now. I think I'm a combination. It seems liek in different settings i'm a different kind of thinker. Only when i feel most comfortable with my surroundings do I become spherical, I love looking at the bigger picture and thinking of new theories and reasosn why.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:42 pm
My answer to this question depends entirely on which brain is receiving blood at the time of questioning.
0 Replies

alikimr

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 09:05 pm
In my most reflective moments I think dialectically,
but in those certain existential moments that crop
up I think critically, and when that doesn't satisfy, I
think laterally. Where do you place these categories in your thinking theory?
0 Replies

val

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 04:57 am
Cav
Are you talking about thinking or personality?
I give you an example: Kant was a critical thinker (spherical thinker?). But his personality was also very linear. For instance, he never teached his own theories, teaching the philosophy of Leibniz and Wolff that he had "destroyed" in is first Critic.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 06:31 am
That's a good point val. I was talking strictly about thinking. My personality is different from the way I think internally. I'm sure most people are the same way. If we always said everything we thought all the time, the loonie bins would be full and the jails fuller.
0 Replies

shelobo

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 09:23 am
I am not sure what kind of "Thinker" I am.Deep thinker I suppose,since I try and find a reason for every thing.We have air so we can breathe and we have money so we can have shelter and food,we have substance so we can just exsist.We have crime so we can have law's.Every thing has a reason.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:52 pm
Hey shelobo, welcome to A2K, and thanks for the post. There is absolutely a reason for everything.

Just a question. Have you ever felt that observing a completely random, seemingly meaningless event somehow has symbolism beyond it's apparent innocence? For example, you see a man spill hot coffee on himself first thing in the morning. He yells out in pain. How do you think about what effect that single event will have on his day, and his life in general?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:55 pm
I have a mental image of myself decades ago now, just missing an elevator by a fraction of a second and standing back and thinking, now what is this about? Does it have significance? what the hell was the reason for this? ... an encapsulated minute in time that I still remember, can fully picture the stainless steel elevator door...

I suppose I was weary, as my grandmother used to say.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:25 pm
According to whatever that personality test was, I am an introverted intuitive judging thinker. Make of that what you will.
0 Replies

nipok

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 12:35 am
I choose spherical because of the three choices, that was the closest to how I think. If we were to take the concept of this poll and apply it more literally then there are people who think like a point, people who think like a line, people who think like a plane, people who think like a circle, people who think like a sphere, and people who can accept the reality that every sphere is a point.
0 Replies

pugdog007

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:02 am
bias
Think about the reason that most of you are here at "able to know".

It is because you have or will soon break the barrier of circular thinking and you are hungering for knowledge about the universe.

Most users (particularly those who bothered to become members) are particularly insightful and intelligent people.

Am I right or am I right?
0 Replies

val

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 04:43 am
According to your definitions, I see myself as a "spherical thinker". I think that anyone who loves philosophy must see life in global terms.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:25 pm
Unfortunately, that's not neccessarily true.

In fact, I think I'd have to say it's neccessarily false. Once you really start thinking from a universal, postmodern perspective, it's impossible to philosophize about anything because you realize that everything you consider to be meaningful isn't meaningful on a global, universal level, and thus there can be no global, universal truth. Hence, no philosophy.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:27 pm
rufio wrote:
According to whatever that personality test was, I am an introverted intuitive judging thinker. Make of that what you will.

I make nothing of it myself, what do you make of it?
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:30 pm
Well the Spark claims that it means I'm a real-life version of Mr. Burns.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:39 pm
Excellent....
0 Replies