Debate Qurestion

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:41 pm
Only answer, please, if you can be 100% hinest.

If your mind was already made up for Bush or Kerry, did you ever honestly feel the opponent won a debate (or more)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 907 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:45 pm
No

But i did call it a tie in the two last ones, as well as the vp debate.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:45 pm
Iu beluve Iu can ansor yore qurestion hinestly. Nes. Nes Iu half.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:49 pm
I didn't see debate one, but I honestly thought Kerry won debates 2 and 3, even though I am a charter member of ABB. I closed my eyes for a while in debate 3 and just listened to the two. Bush not only avoided answering questions but to my mind sounded defensive and whiny.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:57 pm
Re: Debate Qurestion
bermbits wrote:
Only answer, please, if you can be 100% hinest.

If your mind was already made up for Bush or Kerry, did you ever honestly feel the opponent won a debate (or more)?

It seemed obvious enough that Kerry won the first debate. It also seems obvious enough that debating skills are a limited asset in dealing with the Saddam Husseins and beloved leaders of the world. I'd rather have George doing that and Kerry out there earning his living at debates somehow or other.

Ever thought about opening up a debating society as part of the WWF??
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:59 pm
I didn't like Bush's attitude. Honestly I don't support either candidate, but Bush is just sloppy. He's a real king of comebacks too.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:03 pm
There is now doubt that John Kerry is the superior debater, by far. He has both a better command of the language than George Bush, and appears to be able to absorb a copious amount of facts, which he spits out with apparent ease.

John Kerry exudes a more commanding presence than George Bush, although he emits a stiffness, and lack of warmth, that IMO is rather off putting.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:07 pm
Apologies for the typos!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:09 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
he emits a stiffness, and lack of warmth,

That's called New England reserve. Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:13 pm
I was just going to say I've never been able to attain 100% hinesty--though I have, on occasion, been told I was hiney.

...?

Anyway, I am a Bush supporter, who knew Kerry won #1, tied #2 and #3. If Kerry hadn't needlessly been such an ass on a couple of points, I think he would've likely edged Bush out by a smidge in the last one, per me.

Kerry is a superior debater--but accounting for content doesn't even go into it. Lincoln would have NEVER won on looks, posture, carriage or "manner of speaking"--(a bumpkin with long-winded parables) But, his strong suit was content and the tenacity to stand on principle, when everyone else thought he was crazy.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:16 pm
We are hell on wheels here about typos. Laughing Cool

Let's see. An honest answer/////

I hoped that Bush's head would explode and almost got my wish in Debate One (Which Kerry walked over, no,,,, trotted over, )

In debate two, both struggled and Kerry won again (Yes, he did)

And in the last one, where Bush pasted on his manical smile////// >>>>>

?????

welll///. :Let's just say I think my guy whipped the crappolla outta their guy tres timinos, mis cabajeros.......................

Joe
0 Replies

bashtoreth

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:22 pm
I am probably voting for neither of the candidates, but I definitely would vote for Bush before Kerry. But I believe that Kerry won the first debate hands down. The second debate was a toss-up. The third, I believe, Bush won. Not because he was better, but because Kerry quoted information that I know was incorrect. (For example: we lost 1.6 million jobs. No, we lost 1.6 million private sector jobs and GAINED 800,000 other jobs, netting a loss of 800,000.) Not that Bush didn't quote some faulty or biased information. Kerry just did it MUCH MORE.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:24 pm
I missed the first debate. 'Hear it was a hoot.

I just wanted to drop off a great quote of Lincoln's. Someone called him two-faced in a debate, and his response was, "If I had another face do you think I'd be wearing this one?"

Great response.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:26 pm
Thank God there was no TV.

Funny, Coates.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:30 pm
Acquink- This has nothing to do with this thread, but could you please help me out? You seem to know what I am trying to find out:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36328
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:53 pm
Phoenix, I posted my reply on the Quote thread, hope it helps
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:14 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
We are hell on wheels here about typos. Laughing Cool

Let's see. An honest answer/////

I hoped that Bush's head would explode and almost got my wish in Debate One (Which Kerry walked over, no,,,, trotted over, )

In debate two, both struggled and Kerry won again (Yes, he did)

And in the last one, where Bush pasted on his manical smile////// >>>>>

?????

welll///. :Let's just say I think my guy whipped the crappolla outta their guy tres timinos, mis cabajeros.......................

Joe

Yup, Joe, you've got my thoughts covered ;-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:20 pm
I think Kerry won all three, but I did give Cheney the nod in the VP debate even though I can't stomach him.
0 Replies