Bush - War Is Peace - Just Listen To What He Says

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 12:48 pm
From Wednesdays third debate:

"Yes, we can be safe and secure, if we stay on the offense against the terrorists and if we spread freedom and liberty around the world."

"Freedom is on the march."

"And as we pursue the enemy wherever it exists, we'll also spread freedom and liberty. We got great faith in the ability of liberty to transform societies, to convert a hostile world to a peaceful world."

Following first debate: Source

"I was only disappointed one thing about the debate tonight: there was not one question on Cuba. (Applause.) Let me tell you my question: Cuba libre. (Applause.) Quatro mas aos! No, people know where I stand. People know what I believe. I've got a plan to fight these terrorists, to keep this country secure. I've got a plan to spread freedom, not only in the greater Middle East, but in our own hemisphere, in places like Cuba. (Applause.) I've got a plan to make this world more peaceful."

On the Campaign Trail: Source

"We will work to advance liberty and freedom throughout the world, and we will prevail."

"I believe in the transformational power of liberty. I believe the wisest use of American strength is to advance freedom."

"I want you to think about this when you're explaining to people about what I mean by the transformational power of liberty -- think about this fact, that it wasn't all that long ago that we were fighting Japan as a sworn enemy of America."

" believe we have that obligation to work for that peaceful world. And when we succeed in Iraq -- you see, Zarqawi has only got one weapon. He can't beat us militarily. The only thing he can do is shake our conscience because we value human rights and human dignity. We weep when we see the brutality he inflicts on TV. It breaks our -- that's the only weapon he has. We also understand that freedom will whip the Zarqawis of the world in the long-term. In the long-term, free societies will make this world a peaceful place."

"I believe the women in the broader Middle East yearn to be free. I believe that moms in every society want to raise their children in a free society. I believe that if given the chance, people in the broader Middle East will choose the -- the finest government ever devised by man, and that's democracy. I believe all these things not because freedom is America's gift to the world. I believe this because freedom is the Almighty God's gift to each man and woman in this world."

" For all Americans, these years in our history will always stand apart. There are quiet times in the life of a nation when little is expected of its leaders. This isn't one of those times. "

This is just a small sample from the last couple of weeks. I agree with protecting ourselves from those that attack us or threaten to do so, but it doesn't sound to me like that is the the only goal. I'm seeing the set up for more wars under the guise of doing them a favor - when in reality a certain few are building wealth and taking over oil fields, and our young will be dieing for them.

I'm willing to be proven wrong. What is your take on his statements?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 612 • Replies: 5
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:10 pm
Whenever he says 'spread freedom and democracy' I always immediately picture a giant bomb with the words 'freedom' or 'democracy' written on the side.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:48 pm
"spreading freedom and democracy" sounds so noble and I'm thinking that's why people aren't picking up on what is really being said.

IF he should win, which I don't believe he will, I could easily see these statements being used to justify that he had let us know before, and since he won he has a mandate.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:51 pm
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:19 pm
He's spreading something...that's for sure.

But it doesn't smell like freedom and democracy to me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:28 pm
Frank! Laughing
0 Replies