New Kerry Ads...

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:38 pm
Edit [Moderator]: Moved from Reference to Politics.

There are two ads that Kerry NEEDS to run...

The first dispels the rumors that Kerry was inactive in the senate, that he is a fiscally irresponsible senator, and that he would unable to fund all the stuff he promised without increasing the debt. He unfortunately didnot do a good enough job dispeling these attacks the last debate and most of the undecideds I have spoken to are still concerned about these attacks.

The ad should feature John Kerry talking about his plan: "The president over the past four years have given over ___ billion dollars to large corporations and ____ billion (approximatley 80% of all his tax cuts) to the wealthiest one percent of Americans while neglecting to do anything about the job losses, the rising healthcare costs, and a host of other problems hurting middle america. And his plan for the next four years is more of the same. I have a better direction to take this country. My plan would insure 26 million more people, increase the child tax credit to middle income americans by 1000 dollars, increase the tax credit for college tutiton, pass crucial reforms needed to reduce frivilous law suits, close the loop hole for shipping jobs over seas, increase funding to education by ___ million, slowly raise the minimum wage, increase homeland defence spending by ___ million, end tax incentives for shipping jobs over seas and actually reward businesses for creating jobs here.... (and go on to outline the rest of his plain). In the senate, I have sponsored ___ pieces of legislation, over 600 in the past year alone, many of which provide much needed relief to the middle class, and many of which Bush has repeatedly blocked. Bush has a plan too. A plan that increases his handouts to the rich. And a plan that as reviewed by ________, an independent bypartisan organization, and by the Washington Post would cost the same as my plan for America. The difference is, I laid out precisely how I am going to pay for the ent my plan, by restoring taxes for those making above 200,000 to the Clinton rates, by reforming the drug plan to allow Americans to import cheaper generic drugs from Canada, by allowing the government to buy drugs in bulk masses, by insuring americans so that problems like diabetes can be identified early and treated cheaply and far more effectively, and by cutting the 68 billion dollars and pork spending that I working with John McCain to identify ares of waste that can be cut. The president has proposed no way to fund his plan which accordign to ________ costs the same as mine. Thus he will either have to increase taxes or expand the national debt and pass the tab on to our kids. My plan actually helps the middle class, creates job, and would stimulate spending by the middle class and boost the economy similar to how Clintons programs did so a decade ago. It will generate additional tax revenue, and combined with the pay as you go rules that I voted for 73 times and that this president has opposed, we will be able to pay down the defecit and possibly even provide additional tax relief to the middle class, which I have voted for over 600 times. I am John Kerry and I approved this message."

Such an ad would alleviate the concerns all of the many many undecideds I have talked to have about John Kerry. That he is a tax and spend fiscally irresponsible liberal who hasn't done much in congress. And that the plans he proposed for the next four years cost more than the plans that the president has proposed which is simply not true.

The second ad features clips of senators like John McCain and Chuck Hagel critiquing the presidents handling of the war, the clips of Bush's own Iraqi minister and various generals stating that they have repeatedly asked the president for more troops and that we simply didn't have enough to win the peace, and that many of the troops did not have body armor or vehicle armor, follow up with clips of Bush refusing to admit that he made a mistake, clips of Bush with his naive view of the world saying that a woman whose life is in danger shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion, and that a abused child has to inform her abusive father before getting an abortion (specifically using the word naive, in the ad) and end with the three clips of Bush saying that he is just not concerned about Osama Bin Laden, one on the golf course, and twice during press conferences.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 683 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Centroles

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:50 pm
can some one help me get this info to the kerry campaign please?
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:57 pm
why did the mods move this to the reference forum
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:23 pm
That's not an ad, it's a speech. In an ad you must make your point quickly and succinctly. Also, "I have a plan to ... (just as a f'rinstance) ...pass crucial reforms needed to reduce frivilous law suits... " -- well, I've heard that. I want to know what the reforms are and how Kerry will get them passed. In other words, these are campaign promises, not plans. (Don't forget that campaign promises and empty promises are not always the same thing.)

And your pork is my jobsaving influx of Federal dollars...

BTW, Centroles, where did you put it first? (I found it on the home page)
0 Replies

rainforest

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 04:36 am
Pl. suggest this to:

www.johnkerry.com
0 Replies