election time

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:30 am
Seeing as the Presedential Election is a mere 20 days away, I have a slight concern about the future. Will it be the Big Axe & the New Broom or just the Same Again for another 4 years

Geo "Bullyboy" Bush is a renowned gunman. Kerry is a mystery, still he did serve in Vietnam.
Bush seems intent upon turning the rest of the World into a clone of the US of A. Take our Ideology, our Ethics, our Morality, he says. Why should we Europeans, Africans, Asians go the American way.
As the USA is so big and powerfull and as the rest of the world has certain doubts about being American, is it not time we had a say in the American Election ? It would be nice if we had a choice in which Big Wig, Gringo, Redskin or Paleface would be holding the Stars & Stripes & was planning to set non-Americans on the straight & narrow & headed to Salvation.
Blown away by Bush or kastrated by Kerry ?

I can see the American forces sooner or later starting a beach landing & invasion at Marrakesh & going hell for leather due east & not stopping till they reach Istanbull, leaving vast areas of devastion in their wake.
The whole Middle East & it's environs free from all terrorists or any other form of human life.
Hail to the Chief
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,093 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Letty

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:27 am
My God. I thought you were a goner. Where have you been? As for the politics of your thread, at his point I'm just glad to see you around.

Shocked
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:41 am
Well? waiting
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:57 am
Hi, welcome back in cyber-chaos, olk!

Hoping you are well and doing fine, I only can agree to your post - inhuman as I am, as I was called the other day here by au. :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:59 am
My goodness, Walter. You, inhuman? Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 12:03 pm
Re: election time
oldandknew wrote:
Seeing as the Presedential Election is a mere 20 days away, I have a slight concern about the future. Will it be the Big Axe & the New Broom or just the Same Again for another 4 years

Geo "Bullyboy" Bush is a renowned gunman. Kerry is a mystery, still he did serve in Vietnam.
Bush seems intent upon turning the rest of the World into a clone of the US of A. Take our Ideology, our Ethics, our Morality, he says. Why should we Europeans, Africans, Asians go the American way.
As the USA is so big and powerfull and as the rest of the world has certain doubts about being American, is it not time we had a say in the American Election ? It would be nice if we had a choice in which Big Wig, Gringo, Redskin or Paleface would be holding the Stars & Stripes & was planning to set non-Americans on the straight & narrow & headed to Salvation.
Blown away by Bush or kastrated by Kerry ?

I can see the American forces sooner or later starting a beach landing & invasion at Marrakesh & going hell for leather due east & not stopping till they reach Istanbull, leaving vast areas of devastion in their wake.
The whole Middle East & it's environs free from all terrorists or any other form of human life.
Hail to the Chief

you know what really sucks? In a global village where I can talk to and enjoy the company of an old and knew in the real world I could end up in hand to hand combat with him just to stay alive because of the hard headed decisions of a handful of "leaders".......WTF is that about?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:43 am
myPC is trashed,doing this on my tv. takes forever
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:49 am
Well, finally. I don't understand the TV thing, OAK. Just glad to know that you are all right.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 09:04 am
In response to your original question.

First of all, we are not exactly certain what the American way is. If you refer to democracy, then we all benefit from an honest representation. I have always asserted that there should be an impartial panel from European nations to over see this election, but obviously that will not be.
Things do NOT look promising here in Florida. Already, there is a hue and cry of fraud, even in the absentee ballot option.

You are right, Kerry is still an unknown quantity, but it is my candid opinion that we need a new head in the executive branch, for no other reason than to see where it takes America and the world.

Just remember this, Brit. What a government does, is not always in keeping with what the people want. I do NOT approve of this war, and don't mind saying so, but I do feel that the morale of the fighting men, from whatever country, should be supported. Yes, I know. That makes me a fence rider.

Welcome back, my friend
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:52 am
Howdy, welcome back olk!

Can you see me:

http://www.meldrum.co.uk/mhp/testcard/bbc_test/tcg_bbc1_051097.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:57 am
Smile I get it now. John must have web TV, Walter.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:08 pm
Quite a few of my Saxon cousins across the Channel use telephone, radio, tv and internet on cable (ntl-world, I suppose).
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:37 pm
1Letty, I have digital cable tv and internet on the same hook up. got a new car so a new PC next year
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:43 pm
hi walt. yep NTL
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:17 pm
UhOh. Don't tell me, John. A T-Bird? Smile

Is digital internet anything like road runner here? I would think that would be really fast, somehow.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:37 pm
p.s. No wonder you didn't respond to my email. Do me a favor and check out my munch, munch,munch thread in the riddle section, ok? PM's are no longer viable.
0 Replies