camlok

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2018 10:19 am
@farmerman,
Now that is science!
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2018 11:34 am
Free tutoring:

In the special sense, evolution specifically refers to Darwin's evolution.
In the general sense, evolution includes both Darwin's evolution and chemical evolution.
Science has been developing rapidly.
farmerman

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2018 12:09 pm
@oristarA,
youre trying too hard to sound like you know of what youre speaking.
Now youre just making up smack.

Im done with you , mostly because youve become somewhat dishonest.
camlok

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2018 07:50 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

Wow! This finger pointing hypocrisy runs rampant here.
oristarA

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 06:48 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Quote:

Wow! This finger pointing hypocrisy runs rampant here.

Yeah. You've seen how A2K has been degenerating since Trump era began.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 06:51 am
It's all Obama's fault.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 07:56 am
@oristarA,
Quote:

Yeah. You've seen how A2K has been degenerating since Trump era began
Im not going to give you a pass for improper usage. If you wish to begin totally new word usage, do it back home and not try to affect any language changes in English. As I said,unlike Chinese, words in ENglish usually have precise meanings.
By demanding , via word conflation, that you should be given consideration I , as a routine user of the terms in my own work, must correct you.
If you dont wish to rspond by accepting the fact, then so be it. Just dont go about claiming that you were right just because you got something from Wikipedia.

THE AGI Glossary of Geology(6th edition) contains the formally accepted terms used in the geological sciences . The word "evolution" comes away defined with three tiers. These definitions are,

1. The change of a group of related organisms
toward adaptation to the environmental conditions to which they have been exposed through the passage of time.

2. The accepted THEORY that all life on Earth has descended from a common ancestor .syn:organic evolution

3. The permanent change in the form and function of organisms of successive ancestor-descendant generations or populations, over geologic time, so that the latest members of this succession differ significantly from the earliest.

When speaking of the theory of evolution by natural selection, these definitions mostly provide us with limitations of what the theory is about. NOWHERE does the Theory of natural selection or the "modern synthesis" define abiogenesis as arriving by evolution. This is primarily because there are several chemical structural groups involvd that "dont evolve" but combine or adhere to( or with) one another to produce the living state. Purines and perimydines, as "barcode"structures of RNA and along with the incorporation of phosphates and sugars are more the result of POLYMERIZATION (a word I would ask you to consider using if you are really interested in sounding like you know your way around the block.
You see we havent really "settled the science " about life's origins. Of course there was a kind of chemical evolution within a degree , but that terminates at the creation of these more cpomplex pre-living molecules made up of fatty acids, etc etc.

There is evidence that life started more than 3 times just aftre the 'Time of Super Collisions in Hadean years. More and more, we are discussing the possibilities of nucleii of pre life chemicals arrives encapsulated in the extraterrestrial bombardment with all the space rocks containing vital chemical. Aome of these were wiped out after leaving life centered carbon tracks). Some, it is now theorized provided extraterrestrial input to the clay and Sulfitic "soup" (yes that hypothesis has life).

However, to declare (defiantly) that evolution , not other means , is responsible for life on earth is wrong in its definitional limitations as well as its operational meaning.

I deal with this every day so youre sorta in my court . I have to smile when you give me some "free tutoring", But what you are saying is sorta like saying that {INTERNAL COMBUSTION CREATED THE AUTOMOBILE}, While there is some truth in the statement , Id argue with the use of "created" in both your case and th one about cars.

About 2decades ago a similar overarching term called "neutral theory" was forwarded by a mixed group of scientists and some Theologians. What stopped the continual misuse of that term as an intended "doom for Darwinism" was based on some evidence from large populations.
Neutral theory exists but not in its original "pile on" mentality. It too has been clipped and limited to have an EXACT meaning .

PS, Ive got problems with "barcode" also, but it's a decent word when used solely as a metaphor and not a technical term. SO I have less concern with it rather than "Evolution creates life"

camlok

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 10:45 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im not going to give you a pass for improper usage. If you wish to begin totally new word usage, do it back home and not try to affect any language changes in English.

As a user and speaker of English, Ori has as much right to effect changes to the English language as any other English user/speaker. Whether they take or not is an altogether different story.

Quote:
As I said,unlike Chinese, words in ENglish usually have precise meanings

That is a statement borne not of a scientist but of someone ignorant of language.

You pretend to teach Ori about scientific terms and scientific principles and you don't follow them yourself. Principles like honesty, addressing the actual issues instead of flying off on inane tangents, planned obfuscation and misdirection, diversions and distractions.
camlok

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 10:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im done with you

And the very next post, you're right back. If Ori had a dollar for every time you've used that empty threat on so many, he'd be a millionaire.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 02:02 pm
@camlok,
Got anything you wish to add rather than just your normal content free insults?

Really, what anyone does in these threads is really none of your damned business. Ill bet its a crisp cold day in Canada . Why not try to enjoy some of your little existence and go outside and play in the snow .

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 02:10 pm
@farmerman,
Excellent advice--here in Ontario, the snow has turned into freezing rain.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 02:14 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
You pretend to teach Ori about scientific terms and scientific principles and you don't follow them yourself. Principles like honesty, addressing the actual issues instead of flying off on inane tangents, planned obfuscation and misdirection, diversions and distractions.

Yes , theres a simple reason for me to try once more. I believe that , unlike you, Ms Orsistar is educable.
camlok

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 09:24 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Got anything you wish to add rather than just your normal content free insults?

Rather hypocritical again, farmer. You do insults a lot. You know this too.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 09:27 pm
@farmerman,
Nice distraction. You have studiously avoided the myriad impossibilities.

You haven't been very rigorous in your "scientific education" of anyone. Scientists don't deny reality for political purposes.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2018 07:06 am
@oristarA,
Do you have a response to my last post . Do you understand where several sciences actually derive their terms ? We do have style manuals and terms that derive from discussion and even committee resolution.
Several disciplines within Biology , geology and chemistry have, in the past, maintained standing "Nomenclature committees" always there when something new shows up. Today, such committees are periodically convened and the terms discussed .
Kind of like an editor's editor. This whole thing started when I , by disagreeing with max, got you all fire up about word usage that you coined. He was less magisterial than I. Another rule in science is to never hang on to your pet conclusions too hard, they may be easy to sweep aside.

camlok

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2018 08:30 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Another rule in science is to never hang on to your pet conclusions too hard, they may be easy to sweep aside.

Why then, in the face of irrefutable evidence telling us there were no Arab hijackers, do you so desperately cling to false/nutty science?

Quote:
Do you have a response to my last post .

Do you have an explanation for the molten/vaporized WTC steel? For the US proprietary nanothermite being in WTC dust? For the by products of these nanothermite reactions being in WTC dust in high volumes?

For WTC7 free fall? For the twin towers accelerating speed collapses?

Aren't scientists supposed to address science issues honestly and forthrightly?
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2018 08:57 am
@camlok,
I dont believe that anyone has any interest in your ravings. If I need any of your opinions I know under which rock you live.

Gday
camlok

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2018 09:05 am
@farmerman,
Farmerman, you suggest that you areas scientist, you lecture Ori about how important it is to do this and that to maintain science but you totally ignore and try to explain away, in a totally lame fashion, science that really illustrates that you are being incredibly dishonest.

Isn't there some code, some oath that scientists pledge to uphold the standards of science?
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2018 09:35 am
@camlok,
I like the way you make believe that you care about others when all you wish to do is spew more and more hate by using someone as an unsuspecting foil.
Youre so easy to read JT.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2018 12:23 pm
Is this how a kid is inspired to become a geologist?

"I got a rock."
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/peanuts/images/1/1d/I_Got_A_Rock_-_Charlie_Brown_Halloween.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/275?cb=20171130035344