Why do people become such lazy gits in "teams"?

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:17 pm
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

IF I EVER HAVE TO DO SIX PEOPLE'S JOBS AGAIN WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF ASSISTANCE OR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THE FIVE LAZY PEOPLE'S HEADS WILL BE CUT OFF AND USED AS BOWLING BOWLS. LAZY IDIOTS

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

OK, I've had my rant. I will go now.

RELEASE YOUR ANGER. Come on, I can't be the only victim of other people's loafing. Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,053 • Replies: 8
No top replies

mac11

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:19 pm
Today I was given a box of very old contracts to process. It had been sitting in someone else's office waiting for her to process for two years. I guess she was deciding who she was going to dump it on. Sad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:21 pm
People only get away with what they are allowed to get away with. It's a pity and a shame and bosses so often punish the good workers...my mom always said work hard and do a good job and you'll get rewarded with more work. The farmer works the good horse. Sucks. I hate having business ethics....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
One of the most valuable aspects of tact in the business world is the ability to suggest sweetly to a lazy team member that "x" part of the project is waiting for Ms. Lazy to tackle.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:45 am
Laughing I think it has a lot to do with delegation. People work better if they think they are the only person that will do the job, and others are expecting them to do it, rather than giving a general suggestion to a group that something needs to be done.

I can't believe that the mods made this a featured topic, when it was really more of a rant after having 5 people take advantage of me and not do a scrap of work. Grrrr. Still upsets me, really. But i learnt a lot about people management out of it.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:45 am
Well, I'm not sure that y'all aware of the fact that TEAM is a german word, and it's short for Toll, Ein Anderer Macht's.
This stands for, in plain english, Excellent, somebody else is doing my job!
Just thought you wanted to know.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:53 am
My grandmother used to say 'if you want to work hard, somebody'll letcha'. I'm not sure if she meant not to work hard, or not to work hard for someone else. She was, herself, a hard worker.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:40 am
There's a thing called "The 80/20 Rule". Its been around a long, long time, and has been confirmed by any number of studies. By most accounts, it originated with an IBM workplace efficiency study done some 50-odd years ago. In a nutshell, it states that 80% of what gets accomplished is done by 20% of the participants in the effort.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:15 pm
the 80/20 rule is a version of Pareto's law, which goes back to sometime in the 1800's. We studied it in some stats course about 25 years ago.

hmmmmmmmmm

must search

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

link to Pareto's law

Quote:
In the late 1800s, economist and avid gardener Vilfredo Pareto established that 80% of the land in Italy was owned by 20% of the population. While gardening he later observed that 20% of the peapods in his garden yielded 80% of the peas that were harvested. And thus was born a theory that has stood the test of time and scrutiny. The Pareto Principle or the 80:20 Rule has proven its validity in a number of other areas.

In the business work, it has been found that the principle could be applied to many areas, such as:

Applied to Meetings: 80% of decisions come from 20% of meeting time.

Applied to Managerial Headaches: Roughly 80% of your managerial problems and headaches are caused by just 20% of your problems.

Applied to time management and your daily To-Do List: 80% of your measurable results and progress will come from just 20% of the items on your daily To-Do list. The major problem is that most people are so busy fighting fires that they never get around to the most vital few activities that will lead to the greatest results.

Applied to Interruptions: 80% of a Manager's interruptions come from the same 20% of people.

etc etc etc

There are quite a number of good studies in this area.
Well, good if you like statistics. Very Happy
0 Replies