I'm wasting company time and I love it!

Eva

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:56 pm
May I suggest that you decrease your United Way contribution accordingly? You haven't gotten a raise yet this year, so I suggest a 10.40% decrease from last year's UW contribution.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:20 pm
I would have, but I had already filled out and submitted my form. I also tend to give to many charities and help out at them. You would think THE COMPANY would recognize this - I head a project for our Global Days of Service, I also lead in many other charity items for THE COMPANY like food drive, Christmas party for kids, power lunch, etc. I wouldn't want such good organizations to suffer because THE COMPANY is not generous.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 08:55 am
(Hey Linkat... I thought of you during the debate last night when Kerry was talking about the sorry state of healthcare/ high premiums. Any opinions on the debate? So far it's been mostly Kerry supporters who think Kerry won and Bush supporters who think that Bush won, would love as always to get your take.)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:21 am
Honestly sozobe - I did not watch the third debate. I was really tired of trying to get the facts between all the crap that is stated. I may go to Kerry's website though and read what he says about healthcare.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:23 am
Oh, darn!

Is it OK with you if I quote that part from the transcript?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:38 am
Linkat wrote:
Kicky you will be happy to hear that I just stuffed $400 worth of popcorn, teabags and coffee creamers into my bag; at least I am even for the first month of 2005!

Just tell me that you're not on your company's computer right now? Shocked
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:40 am
eoe wrote:
Linkat wrote:
Kicky you will be happy to hear that I just stuffed $400 worth of popcorn, teabags and coffee creamers into my bag; at least I am even for the first month of 2005!

Just tell me that you're not on your company's computer right now? Shocked

this could be a good thing for you...at the rate our economy is going we may be on the barter system soon......
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:59 am
Eoe - Of course I am! I have too busy of a home life to be on the computer when I am at home. I typically only go the computer when I first arrive in the morning - seeing I am usually in early, then at lunch and after hours. I typically work more than my obligated hours and I take work home too - to do after the kids are in bed. So I guess a few minutes here and there is not going to hurt THE COMPANY. I have increased my usage in the past couple of days, on kicky's suggestion. Also I am doing really boring work this week, necessary, but boring and to be honest, I am more productive if I take 5 or 10 minutes every couple of hours away from it. I consider the few minutes I use here and there the breaks I am entitled to that I never take.

Sozobe - quote away!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:02 am
:-D

Quote:
This really underscores the problem with the American health-care system. It's not working for the American family. And it's gotten worse under President Bush over the course of the last years.

Five million Americans have lost their health insurance in this country. You've got about a million right here in Arizona, just shy, 950,000, who have no health insurance at all. 82,000 Arizonians lost their health insurance under President Bush's watch. 223,000 kids in Arizona have no health insurance at all.

All across our country -- go to Ohio, 1.4 million Ohioans have no health insurance, 114,000 of them lost it under President Bush; Wisconsin, 82,000, Wisconsites lost it under President Bush.

This president has turned his back on the wellness of America. And there is no system. In fact, it's starting to fall apart not because of lawsuits -- though they are a problem, and John Edwards and I are committed to fixing them -- but because of the larger issue that we don't cover Americans.

Children across our country don't have health care. We're the richest country on the face of the planet, the only industrialized nation in the world not to do it.

I have a plan to cover all Americans. We're going to make it affordable and accessible. We're going to let everybody buy into the same health-care plan senators and congressmen give themselves.

(Just one part where he talked about it, but the part where I thought oooh, I hope Linkat's watching...)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:08 am
Sozobe - I remember hearing that last line in Debate 2.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:20 am
O-K we all complain about work, but jeepers companies are getting cheaper and cheaper. Yesterday I just about burst something with laughter when I was informed that we are now required to water the plants that the company supplies. It seems they are no longer paying for plant service and we need to care for the plants. I suspect we are going to see a lot of suffering plants around seeing we are all in the financial side of things and not really all that much of a green thumb crowd.
0 Replies