News Flash.....I Take The Conservative Position On This...

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:58 am
The kid is a sportsman......he shoots clay skeets apparently.....let him pose for his senior picture in a way that's representative of who he is so he can look back over it years from now.....this is absolutely ridiculous....

http://www.wftv.com/education/3804944/detail.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 688 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Letty

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:28 am
Bi, this is typical of what happens when we take things too far. I'm neither a conservation nor a flaming liberal, but I know deprivation of harmless choice when I see it, and that is what the U.S.A. should be considering.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:35 am
Apparently after the Columbine massacre this NH high school has an aversion to all guns...even ones used for skeet shooting...just a thought
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:40 am
pan, I fully understand your point. At the same time, I imagine the school has a similar aversion to vehicular death but would think the parking lot is full of cars carrying students back and forth.

Letty, I come down about where you are.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:42 am
pan, I fully understand your point. At the same time, I imagine the school has a similar aversion to vehicular death but would think the parking lot is full of cars carrying students back and forth.

Letty, I come down about where you are.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:43 am
It's no fun when we all agree.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:44 am
specious argument at best regel. As I recall nobody drove a car through Columbine slaughtering innocent students and teachers.
I suggest you read my points more carefully.

I reiterate....I'm playing devil's advocate for the simple reason that when Bi-Bear comes down on a supposed "conservative" side I gotta get in on the fun bandwagon
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:48 am
Who knows what this could lead to...next thing you know gay students will be posing with strap ons and butt plugs...we gotta nip it in the bud...nip it in the bud I tell ya....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:48 am
Letty wrote:
Bi, this is typical of what happens when we take things too far. I'm neither a conservation nor a flaming liberal, but I know deprivation of harmless choice when I see it, and that is what the U.S.A. should be considering.

bingo
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:09 am
pan, I understood you point fully. But I think you can understand my point too.

I'm actually a very understanding guy. On most arguments, I can fully undertstand and appreciate an opposing point of view.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:16 am
Well, I'm TOTALLY against it.

If this kid is allowed to have his picture in the yearbook with a GUN, then just imagine what happens next May.

ALL of the students that bought a yearbook will be walking through the school halls with A GUN!!!

(Or, a picture of a gun)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
Why cant the school compromise?? I mean, he obviously is a sportsman. if they can not / will not/ post a picture because of content, why cant they maybe have him pose WITH a clay skeet ? OR with a jersey/jacket/shirt that says what he enjoys? Why is it always YES NO. with no grey area? I personally dont mind the picture. it isnt like he has a dead animal hanging behind him Laughing . but even then, the flaming liberal i am says, its his choice and his picture. Follow RULES but dont ban him. I think there are more options for his picture content then he is allowed. The same message can be reached through diffrent ' school appropriate' content. But hey.... it seems like today, in this society there exists no such common/neutral ground anymore.
I feel for the kid. He cant have a picture he wants in his year book.

This flaming liberal is now going to have coffee and play darts on my board that is covered with G.Dubyah's face. ;-) hahaha
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:28 am
Let him have his gun picture -- it's not like he's in cammies with ak47. A perfect example of American post-traumatic hysteria.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

And I also think we should stop suspending kids for having butter knives and aspirin.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Oh wait..... is this kid attending Columbine?

> sick joke... sorry <
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:41 am
neue regel wrote:
pan, I understood you point fully. But I think you can understand my point too.

I don't understand your point about the cars since it doesn't have much to do with high school massacres comitted with guns...not cars.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
neue regel wrote:

I'm actually a very understanding guy. On most arguments, I can fully undertstand and appreciate an opposing point of view.

You sound just like me...we should get along well.

Well guys, not much else to say except Bi, keep those fun threads coming...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:50 am
What ever happened to year book pictures with the traditional pose?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:55 am
au1929 wrote:
What ever happened to year book pictures with the traditional pose?

liberals poisoned traditional american values of course...how can you even ask?
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:22 am
Are there any school sponsored activities/clubs, that endorse the use of guns for sport?

If so , let him, otherwise change the picture, which anyway is up to the school, so whatever your/our POV mght be , is still irrelevant.
0 Replies