Bad news for Democrats and liberals?

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:00 am
Oh my. What is a good Democrat and liberal to do?

An election being held in Afghanistan. Shiites turning in guns for cash in Sadr City (This should actually makes libs happy, shouldn't it?). Maybe the US has turned the corner. Heck, even Saudi Arabia is holding elections, although they are only for men.

But what a start. But what if things continue to improve?

Is the US starting to see success in helping the middle east in seeking democracy and freedom?

What is a lib to do? Maybe all of you will close your eyes and wish for more car bombs? That would help elect Kerry, wouldn't it? Quick, something bad has to happen soon, doesn't it? How else will Democrats regain power?

Or all you all hoping for an attack in the US? That would certainly help elect Kerry, wouldn't it?

Or, maybe some of you can hope that the US is turning the corner? Even if that means that Kerry is not elected?

Oh, what is a lib to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,776 • Replies: 80
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:17 am
The question is not "Oh, what is a liberal to do?"...

...but rather, "Oh, what are the deluded, knee-jerk reacting conservatives to do?"

This pitiful president...and his incompetent administration...will always be talking about "turning the corner."

They are not even near the corner, Lone Voice...and my guess is there is not a one of them with enough brains to turn it should they actually reach it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:19 am
Re: Bad news for Democrats and liberals?
A Lone Voice wrote:
Oh my. What is a good Democrat and liberal to do?

An election being held in Afghanistan. Shiites turning in guns for cash in Sadr City (This should actually makes libs happy, shouldn't it?). Maybe the US has turned the corner. Heck, even Saudi Arabia is holding elections, although they are only for men.

But what a start. But what if things continue to improve?

Is the US starting to see success in helping the middle east in seeking democracy and freedom?

What is a lib to do? Maybe all of you will close your eyes and wish for more car bombs? That would help elect Kerry, wouldn't it? Quick, something bad has to happen soon, doesn't it? How else will Democrats regain power?

Or all you all hoping for an attack in the US? That would certainly help elect Kerry, wouldn't it?

Or, maybe some of you can hope that the US is turning the corner? Even if that means that Kerry is not elected?

Oh, what is a lib to do?

How pathetically stupid.

How ineffably simplistic.

How aridly binary.

How manicheastic.

To think that, because one opposes a cynical and mendacious war, that one then wishes ill upon the people involved in the war?

How - well, rabidly reactionary.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:54 am
And to think, it's people who think things like this who want to continue leading for another four years. What a pathetic view of humanity.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:16 am
hey deb...sorry to hear about Howard/Latham.

For the Joan Didion fans (which ought to be everyone) and, more generally, for all folks who might read the initial post here and wonder how on earth any individual could move through a lifetime and yet remain so blissfully unawares of just how stupid and unsophisticated is their understanding of democracy and self-governance.
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/17489
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:28 pm
Thank you, libs (and Frank).

All of you seem to be having a grand time slapping me around, but something I find interesting is none of you refute my statements.

I purposely came across in a craven way, knowing my leftist friends would attack me. But I was very curious to see if anyone would actually address the "good news" coming from Iraq. Only Frank contested the news; the rest of you just wanted to attack me.

Which goes a long way in proving my theory about political partisan animals such as the some of the forum members here. You are so obsessed with your hatred of Bush and those who support him that you have lost sight of any alternative ending of the war in Iraq that differs with liberal desires.

You people want the US to fail in Iraq. You want the US to lose to the thugs. You can't stand the thought of a democracy taking hold in Iraq. You hate the notion that Iraq might become a stable, democratic US ally in the Middle East. Unless it happens after January if Kerry is elected.

Why? Because if that occurs, it means Bush succeeded.

And you libs will do anything in your power to keep Bush from succeeding.

Although I disagree with Frank about his views on Iraq, I respect his opinion because it is not driven by a political agenda. The rest of you, however, continue to let your loathing of Bush and your desire of a Democrat president triumph over the good of the country.

I'll prove it:

Raise your hand if you want the violence in Iraq to lessen and eventually stop, democracy take hold, and a legitimate election to take place, even if Kerry doesn't win next month.

In fact, tell me if want the violence to stop tomorrow. Tell me that you hope for peace to break out next week, and wish for a peaceful Iraq to begin rebuilding by the end of October.

Even if it meant that Kerry would not be elected.

Is peace in Iraq by next week possible? Probably not. But what if it was?

Tell me the truth, my liberal brothers and sisters.....
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:30 pm
Magical thinking is fun, eh, ALV?

A friend asked me if I could accept the Yankees winning the next 10 World Series if it meant Kerry won the election. Makes as much sense as you questions...
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:31 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Magical thinking is fun, eh, ALV?

A friend asked me if I could accept the Yankees winning the next 10 World Series if it meant Kerry won the election. Makes as much sense as you questions...

Why? I would really like to hear it from the mouths (or fingers) of the Kerry faithful.

Seems like you are dodging a bit, D'art.....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:46 pm
Nah, we just refuse to be trolled.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 04:09 pm
Yep - go find a bridge - or post sensibly.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 04:11 pm
As for not refuting your "news" - your intent - no matter how much you attempt - post fact - to cloak and deny it - was to be offensive.

Do not bleat about what you reap, when you sow such tares.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 04:14 pm
stop it i can't get into my google dictionary...lol...the lone voice must be googling like mad....:-)
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 05:42 pm
Quote:
Nah, we just refuse to be trolled.

Quote:
Yep - go find a bridge - or post sensibly.

Quote:
As for not refuting your "news" - your intent - no matter how much you attempt - post fact - to cloak and deny it - was to be offensive.

Do not bleat about what you reap, when you sow such tares.

Quote:
stop it i can't get into my google dictionary...lol...the lone voice must be googling like mad....

Thank you, libs, for even exceeding my expectations!

This is wonderful! None of you can do it. This is simply amazing.

OK, let's try once again, shall we?

Repeat after me: "I hope the violence stops in Iraq, even if it means Bush is reelected."

Really, it isn't hard to say.

Gosh, if Kerry is elected I hope he is successful in bringing peace and democracy to Iraq.

Your turn, libs. Grit your teeth and say it..... Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:16 pm
Lol - all hope the violence in Iraq stops, Lone Voice - seems you may be the last to notice this fact?
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:14 am
dlowan wrote:
Lol - all hope the violence in Iraq stops, Lone Voice - seems you may be the last to notice this fact?

Really? Sure doesn't seem like it.

How about Afghanistan? Anyone think the election there is a 'good thing'?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:31 am
Quote:
Quote:
dlowan wrote:

Doesn't seem like because it doesn't fit with your bizarre view of the posters here and, perhaps, humanity. Which of us has been posting anything close to what you accuse us of thinking, that it would be good if the violence increased in Iraq? Name names, please. Who, again name names, in the Democratic ranks has been calling for the violence to increase in order to benefit their candidate? That would no one except in your twisted imagination.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:40 am
[quote="A Lone Voice"
Which goes a long way in proving my theory about political partisan animals such as the some of the forum members here. You are so obsessed with your hatred of Bush and those who support him that you have lost sight of any alternative ending of the war in Iraq that differs with liberal desires.

You people want the US to fail in Iraq. You want the US to lose to the thugs. You can't stand the thought of a democracy taking hold in Iraq. You hate the notion that Iraq might become a stable, democratic US ally in the Middle East. Unless it happens after January if Kerry is elected.

Why? Because if that occurs, it means Bush succeeded.

And you libs will do anything in your power to keep Bush from succeeding.

[/quote]

Although I doubt anybody will admit to it, I think that is a pretty fair assessment of some members here.

Bushs' failure does appear to be PRIORITY 1 with some.

I'm neither a liberal or conservative and don't care much who gets the credit, but I'll raise my hand for a peaceful and stable Iraq ASAP.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 04:05 am
somewhere, in a crappy cave, osama is reading this shite on a wi-fi lap top ( being educated at an american college and all) and laughing his rag and fan belt wearing ass off.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 04:08 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
somewhere, in a crappy cave, osama is reading this shite on a wi-fi lap top ( being educated at an american college and all) and laughing his rag and fan belt wearing ass off.

Are you the same DontTreadOnMe from americasdebate ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 04:29 am
A Lone Voice wrote:
dlowan wrote:

How about Afghanistan? Anyone think the election there is a 'good thing'?

This is gonna be pure fun.

You see, Lone Voice - if you never actually bother to find out what people think, and just make your cartoonish assumptions, then you get to live in your cartoon world.

Have a look at this:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35640

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34281
0 Replies