Hydro Bill Skyrockets, Possible Reasons?

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:35 pm
Im unsure if this is the right forum to be on but im desperate.

So, in October of last year our hydro consumption was roughly 700 kWh's now this year October it was around 2000kWh's (slowly increases each month). We've had somebody from the hydro company come check out the meter and supposedly its functioning as intended.

We have 2 computers and 2 tv's. We turn off the computers at night. We also have a dishwasher. The house is gas heated. Other then that we use energy efficient light bulbs.

Does anybody know what could of possibly caused this, a loose wire or something is my hypothesis any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sincerely Alex
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 617 • Replies: 2
No top replies

blatham

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:43 pm
@zanderale,
I wish I could help you figure this out but I have little expertise in electrical. But that increase (if your use hasn't increased and if the meter is operating correctly) will have some cause. And if the trend keeps going up, it seems likely that will continue.

It is probably well worth your while to bring in an electrician. Or at least to go to some local electricians' businesses and ask them what you ought to look for.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:41 pm
@zanderale,
Check your bill to see if certain months are estimated or are actual meter readings.
0 Replies