Eddy current in induction loop question

jamesdn

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:32 am
Dear electricians,

I have one question that might require an experts opinion.

I have an induction loop (installed in the ground etc etc) and on it trucks are stopping, loading or unloading and leaving. Everything works fine for a long time but last days i had one issue: The loop while the truck was on seems to be lost for a few milliseconds or seconds creating a series of incidents. We checked everything (switchboards, wiring, sensors etc) we did several tests for hours on the current position with cars and trucks and nothing seems to show any problem...everything works absolutely normal like before. Looking from the security cameras the only difference was that the truck was a concrete mixer and the mixer was rolling at that time.

Now the question is: Can the mixer change the eddy currents of the induction loop (DUE TO THE ROLLING) on a degree that this certain change was accounted as a difference to break the loop? Unfortunately we are not able to re produce the error so far.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,555 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 12:14 pm
@jamesdn,
Jim I'd suspect an oscillating field from the winding driving the barrel--or even from the barrel itself. For instance it might have become magnetized from sitting in N-Wpos pos for long time
0 Replies