China Seizes U.S. Underwater Drone From International Waters

roger

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:42 pm
@izzythepush,
That's a tough one, izzy. Nobody could possibly want war with China. Still, if we never respond to their provocations where and when do you expect them to stop?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:54 pm
@roger,
I don't know. One man's provocation is another's measured response. China responded to Trump's provocation, they made that clear when they apologised and gave it back. They've signalled that they're going to take no **** from Trump. Let's hope he doesn't try to serve them up some. The consequences don't bear thinking of.
roger

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 03:21 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't know if you've picked up on this, but I'm not a big Trump supporter. If you mean his phone call with Taiwan was a provocation, nobody tells our president, president elect (a private citizen), or anyone else in this country who we may talk to. Nobody.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 03:40 pm
@izzythepush,
I see you come from the Neville Chamberlain school of thought.

Obama has been very weak in the face of most world powers and he has shown his belly to the China. Those islands they built and claimed were in their waters are a prime example. Countries like Russia and China have only gotten stronger around the world as a result of Obama's policies.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:12 pm
China is, by far, a greater threat to US interests than Russia. This is not to give Putin a free pass, but when he leaves the scene, Russia will likely revert to chaos. The Chinese since Mao have very cleverly avoided having the PRC rise and fall on one individual.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:40 pm
@Baldimo,
You come from the ostrich school of thought, and the brownshirt one.China has not been a threat to Western interests, they paid for Dubya's war remember. This is not the same situation at all, Hitler had reoccupied the Rhineland, annexed Austria and was about to invade Czechoslovakia when Chamberlain mucked up.

Trump is being unnecessarily provocative and foolhardy. He's the real menace to World peace, and he's already out of his depth.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:41 pm
@Frugal1,
I live in the real World, a place you find strange and confusing. That's why reality doesn't make sense.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Trump is being unnecessarily provocative and foolhardy.
He's the real menace to World peace, and he's already out of his depth.

Do you have any proof of this?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:48 pm
@Frugal1,
The proof is right in front of your nose but you refuse to see it.

The phone call, the drone, is all the proof one needs.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You come from the ostrich school of thought, and the brownshirt one.

Brownshirts are the tools of those on the left. The whole entire PC movement was based on this very principle and continues to be a tool of the left. It appears to be you who has their head in the sand, just like Chamberlain. Like him, you hope of you give the bad guys what they want that they will just go away. Peace at the cost of Liberty and Freedom.

Quote:
China has not been a threat to Western interests,

Restricting access to shipping lanes is not a threat to Western interests? That is the purpose and reason why China built those islands and claim them as belonging to their nations waters. If the US had done such a thing, you would have a **** fit. Since the Chinese are commies, they align with your thoughts on the world, that's the reason you don't see the threat, you agree with their purpose.

Quote:
This is not the same situation at all, Hitler had reoccupied the Rhineland, annexed Austria and was about to invade Czechoslovakia when Chamberlain mucked up.

Chamberlain gave the bad guys what they wanted and hoped they would go away. You want the US to do the same thing, give China what it wants or start a war.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 05:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Communists nation telling us who the President can take a call from? The drone? You mean another piece of military hardware that belongs to the US, is taken by China and you blame Trump? I guess you think those islands built in the middle of the ocean are ok for China to build as well...
glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 05:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't know a single Russian expert that would agree with that. If Putin were to catch the Kremlin flu, likely the folks at the top would be scrambling for position. Russia has operated in much the same way since the revolution settled in. There may not always be an obvious heir apparent, but it won't be discussed in the media when it happens. Russian experts will speculate, some will get it right, but the country is too tightly controlled to descend into chaos. Maybe chaos for the hopefuls, but that's par for the course when Rissians/Soviet leaders die. I don't think Putin is planning on leaving the scene anytime soon.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 05:33 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0FlNOhXEAA5qJK.jpg:large
nimh

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 09:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Russia has operated in much the same way since the revolution settled in. There may not always be an obvious heir apparent, but it won't be discussed in the media when it happens. Russian experts will speculate, some will get it right, but the country is too tightly controlled to descend into chaos.

Russia collapsed into a fair amount of chaos in the early 1990s. First the coup attempt of 1991, then Yeltsin's army shooting up the rebellious parliament in 1993; meanwhile the economy collapsed, hyperinflation ravaged people's lives, and minority regions were declaring autonomy left and right.

Russia's history has mostly been long periods of autocratic rule punctuated with intermezzos of anarchy. Right now Putin seems as safely ensconced in his seat of power as ever, so Russia seems to be headed for a pretty long period of autocratic stability. But it's not like it would be some kind of unprecedented surprise if it does once again collapse into chaos if something were to happen to Putin. He seems to have given up on nurturing a chosen successor, which helps protect him from any potential challenges from within; but it also increases the risks of chaos if he were to fall away for some reason.
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 11:10 pm
@Frugal1,
You speak in sound bites, attack those that disagree with you, ignore facts and statistics and generate your own reality... You're Donald Trump!
Builder

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 12:07 am
@TomTomBinks,
I would have said HRC, but we're both correct.
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 12:08 am
@Builder,
Frug seems to be Trump fan and I doubt Hillary is...
Builder

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 12:18 am
@TomTomBinks,
People seem to have trouble understanding that I don't like either of these people.

China is the second-largest holder of US debt, coming a close second to Japan. They are also the major trading partner, and supplier of so many consumables, that if a trade situation relating to imminent war occurred, mass panic would ensue across the US of A.

Is this too hard for most to understand?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 03:25 am
@Baldimo,
Spoken like a true drone. You're every bit the bigot that your friends gooey and frug are, you attack all Muslims not just the terrorists. And now you're spouting a load of nonsense that only your fellow fascists would believe.

You struggle with the English language and now you're determined to show you know absolutely nothing about History or Geo Politics. You believe what you want, Hitler was a commie, Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11, America won in Vietnam, just don't expect anyone with an education to take you seriously.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 03:36 am
@Baldimo,
That's right, the Commies are telling you what to do, that's what's going on.

This is the worst thing about talking to people like you, instead of debating the actual issues I have to spend too much time explaining things. You shouldn't really talk about things you don't understand, and it's a bit much expecting others to keep pointing out basic stuff.

I know Trump's lickspittles will believe this nonsense, they think what they're told to think. The fact that he's still acting like he's on the campaign trail instead of the president in waiting.

The one China policy is the lynchpin of Sino/America relations since Jimmy Carter. Establish treaties and principles are very important for World trade, security the lot. It's not the Commies telling Trump who he can talk to, it's about diplomatic protocol, what stops nations going to war over petty stuff.

0 Replies