China Seizes U.S. Underwater Drone From International Waters

glitterbag

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:34 pm
@Frugal1,
You know it's exactly true, your just trying to be provocative. You sound delusional.
Frugal1

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:37 pm
@glitterbag,
Delusional & democrat go hand-in-hand, I am neither.
What he posted is factually incorrect.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:40 pm
@Frugal1,
You sound foolish.
Blickers

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:09 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
When Obama first took office, the country had LOST 6 Million Full Time jobs the previous year. Now the country has GAINED 2 Million Full Time jobs in the last 12 months and 5 Million in the last 2 years.

Quote Frugal1:
Quote:
None of what you said is true. Not even a smidgen of fact.

Quote Frugal1:
Quote:
Delusional & democrat go hand-in-hand, I am neither.
What he posted is factually incorrect.

You're not delusional, Ivan? Check the numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Here they are for Full Time jobs:

Bush's last year was January 2008-January 2009.
Jan 2008...........121.435 Million Full Time jobs
Jan 2009...........115.818 Million Full Time jobs
Total Loss = minus 5.62 Million Full Time jobs LOST -

Now for Obama's last two years.
Nov 2014.......119.641 Million Full Time jobs
Nov 2015.......122.099 Million Full time jobs
Nov 2016.......124.202 Million Full time jobs

Totals: +2.103 Million Full Time jobs gained since Nov 2015,
............+4.561 Million Full Time jobs gained in the last 24 months.

Source: www.bls.gov

In a Full Time employed workforce of over 119 Million, annual job losses and gains are rounded off to the nearest Million.

You lose again, Ivan. Better tell your boss that the Kremlin needs better talking points to run down Obama. The truth makes him look good.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 01:40 am
@glitterbag,
He sounds brainwashed, because what he says is total nonsense. It's what happens when people believe only what they want to believe and reality be damned.

Nobody can respect anyone who flees in terror from a tuba.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 04:28 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
They took something that doesn't belong to them because that's the type of people they,

That's not China.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a5/cd/f2/a5cdf2f5e0b80ca0d0f942d824470575.jpg
farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 05:18 am
@izzythepush,
They returned it.

0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 05:22 am
@edgarblythe,
So let me get this straight. China steals one of our underwater drones and trump tweets;

“China steals United States Navy research drone in international waters – rips it out of the water and takes it to China in unpresidented (sic) act.”

Now China is going to return the drone. Trump's response?

“We should tell China that we don’t want the drone they stole back. – let them keep it!”

Meanwhile, Jason Miller, Trump’s communications director tweets;

@realdonaldtrump gets it done: "China says it will return US drone it
seized http://thehill.com/policy/defense/310872-china-says-it-will-return-us-drone-it-seized …"

Yes, you can tell we have a very strong leader here and China is cowering in fear.
Frugal1

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 07:01 am
@xingu,
Did North Korea ever return that surveillance jet they stole while Clinton was president?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 10:51 am
@Blickers,
TPP failing will be an enormous win for China. Interesting that it's not common knowledge in the US. I've been hearing that message for about a year on international media. They're got Africa. They''re working on being the best friend of everyone in South America. They're making enormous inroads in Canada. If they can nab all the TPP partners without the US, it's a superwin.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:28 am
@ehBeth,
Like all their other of their failures, they can blame their own greed for TPP being in trouble. It's only half trade, but half giving unconscionable perks to the framers of it, particularly international companies and big pharma. Big pharma for instance gets to extend how long they charge those overblown prices and makes it harder for poor countries to make generics. If a company disagrees with a country's trade conditions they can bypass the nation for an agency that makes the decision.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 12:59 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Russia is terrified of Obama and Hillary.

That's funny. As far as Obama was concerned, Russia was no threat in 2012 and a year later they took Crimea. Did that look like actions of a nation that was afraid? Hell, Obama and Hillary didn't even see it coming, they were worrying about Climate Change. Not to mention Hillary signed off on the deal with a Russian company to get a bunch of Uranium. What about the "Russian Reset"? That seemed to work out so well... Wasn't there a comment in 2012 about the 80's wanting their foreign policy back... Russia has played Obama for a fool and we will pay for price for it.

Obama and Hillary have done nothing but rollover to other nations. What did they do about China and the islands they built in international waters? Now they take an underwater drone and you want to blame Trump?

BTW, they didn't promptly return the drone, we won't have it back until tomorrow, that means they have had 4 days to learn more about our tech. Obama has allowed the worst players on the world stage to gain more power and influence and to weaken the US.
Frugal1

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 01:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Response moderated: Slur/epithet on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. See more info.
Blickers

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 01:12 am
@Baldimo,
Yes, and what happened to Russia when they foolishly annexed the Crimea? They tried to make it look like it was the will of the Crimean population, but it didn't work. When Russia moved troops into the Crimea, (part of Ukraine, which is not a NATO country but a breakaway nation from Russia), Russia tried to bluff it through but Obama got together with the EU and slapped economic sanctions on Russia that slowed the Russian economy considerably. Then Obama got together with Saudi Arabia and got the Saudis to continue oil production, which combined with American oil production drove the price of oil way down.

Russia's major product is oil. Between Obama's work with the Saudis and his agreement with the EU, the Russian economy took a giant fall downward, and Russia remains in a Depression to this day. This is a chart of the Russian ruble vs the US Dollar-the ruble caved under the pressure Obama brought against Russia, which Putin completely miscalculated.

https://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Ruble%20v%20Dollar%20May%202016_zpsigbbfj4c.jpg

And if that wasn't enough, Obama got together with Saudi Arabia for the Saudi's to keep pumping oil, whcih drove down the price of Russia's only product, oil. This put the Russian economy into a Depression from which they haven't recovered. Putin gained a small parcel of land that it was allowed to lease anyway, and lost her economy because Obama caved them in. Note the GDP of the Russian economy before and after 2014, when Russia invaded Ukraine.

https://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/russia-gdp_zps8yr35zrs.png

Russia is economically in a severly weakened condition because of what Obama did to them. And there was more to come if Russia tried more, and they knew it. Trump, on the other hand, is already talking about taking off sanctions against Russia to please his buddy boy Putin.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 03:31 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
This is why Putin hatched the plot to hack DNC servers to put his compliant candidate, Trump, into office so he will let Russia take over Ukraine. Also, Trump will get down on bended knee and disperse with NATO, so Russia will get its Eastern European Empire back. Trump is the Manchurian candidate, and Putin is his puppetmaster.

I understand the frustration with Trump trying to make nice with Russia in the face of all their aggression. But it wasn't so long ago that Obama and Hillary were handing Putin a reset button and making light of Romney for saying that Putin was a major enemy.

Trump will learn, just as Obama and Hillary learned. (I hope.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:00 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
TPP failing will be an enormous win for China. Interesting that it's not common knowledge in the US. I've been hearing that message for about a year on international media. They're got Africa. They''re working on being the best friend of everyone in South America. They're making enormous inroads in Canada. If they can nab all the TPP partners without the US, it's a superwin.

It's common knowledge with me. I guess I can't speak for anyone else though.

Unfortunately in the US both the right and the left have unfairly demonized the TPP as something that it isn't.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 06:49 am
@Frugal1,
"democrat" :: Slur/epithet on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 07:59 am
@Baldimo,
Nobody saw Ukraine defying Putin and embracing democracy. That's what set off the invasion of Crimea.

Btw, if you want to look at Putin's defence of "near abroad" the first instance the was virtual seizure of South Ossetia from Georgia when Dubya was president. The difference is that he was too much of a wuss to use sanctions.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 08:23 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He sounds brainwashed, because what he says is total nonsense. It's what happens when people believe only what they want to believe and reality be damned.

Nobody can respect anyone who flees in terror from a tuba.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QosyPyUTag[/youtube]

That's brilliant!!!!! I will hear that Tuba in my head every time I see the Groepenfuhrer. Loved it Izzy
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 08:38 am
@glitterbag,
I love the look of panic in his face as he tries to accelerate away.
0 Replies