Having a hard time convincing others?

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:08 pm
Saw a great site for the liberal who is surrounded by Republicans:

www.convinceyourmom.com

Not just for mothers, but for anyone.... they have EXTREMELY detailed pages showing just how bad the Bush admin's record is on several different topics, from environmentalism to health care to spending.

Cheers

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,212 • Replies: 20
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:12 pm
Unfortunately, there are no suggestions for how to convince your conservative sister that Kerry is not guilty of treason for his congressional testimony regarding Vietnam.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:16 pm
Logic doesn't work?

How about actually looking at what he said? That doesn't work, either?

How about therapy? Perhaps her conservatism can be cured...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:20 pm
I don't think so. I'm afraid it was inherited from our parents.

Actually, I don't have a problem with conservatism by itself. It's the hardcore brainwashing that bothers me. The email chain letters, the pulpit endorsements, the massive misinformation and fear campaign. And she buys all of it.

...it kind of seems like one of those things you'd need therapy for.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:35 pm
FreeDuck, I know exactly what you mean; all my siblings are repubs - and to top if off, they're all christians. Makes alot of sense doesn't it?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:38 pm
Yeah, it makes sense if you are a Christian who believes in church (especially in the South) but not if you are a Christian who believes in Christ, and actually understands what he said and why. The brainwashing tactics of church and party are surprisingly similar.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:44 pm
Quote, "The brainwashing tactics of church and party are surprisingly similar." Exactly my point. I'm an independent and a atheist. I don't vote by party line. I vote by who I think best represents my philosophy. AS of today, it ain't either Bush or Kerry.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:47 pm
Yeah, I hear you ci. I'm an independent and have always voted third party. This year though, I think we could do a lot worse than John Kerry for president. I just don't see any other viable alternative. And I'm in a swing state so it really matters.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:52 pm
Damn, damn. Where's Ross Perot when we need him?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
FreeDuck, As a member of a swing state, your vote means much more than mine. In California, we vote primarily democratic. My one vote doesn't make any difference.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
Tell me about it. If we're going to have a midget Texan in the white house, I prefer one with pointy ears who can string together a coherent sentence.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:59 pm
At least somebody that can react to emergencies immediately rather than keep reading to some young children for seven more minutes.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:08 pm
Bush does a better job of convincing people he is a moron...than any liberal site could do.

He is pathetic...and it is a national disgrace that so many Americans are willing to overlook the incredible damage he and his incompetent administration have done to our country...and to the rest of the world.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:09 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
At least somebody that can react to emergencies immediately rather than keep reading to some young children for seven more minutes.

aww, c.i. you're being too hard on the guy.

he was thinking. he was thinking hard. it's a lot of thinking to do. and it's hard. it's a hard thing, thinkin'. mucho thinkin'... had a lot of thinkin' to do.

and just imagine how terrified those little kids would have been if bush had said to them; "well kids, it's been great reading with you today. i'd like to stay longer, but i have president work to do. y'all take care now."

nightmares for the next 10 years, i tell ya. those children would have been permanently scarred...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:12 pm
I know; being president of this country is hard work.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:13 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bush does a better job of convincing people he is a moron...than any liberal site could do.

He is pathetic...and it is a national disgrace that so many Americans are willing to overlook the incredible damage he and his incompetent administration have done to our country...and to the rest of the world.

heya frank. got a spare "little kings" for me??? Laughing

i'm becoming more and more convinced that the folks who are staunch bush supporters are doing so based more on their religious and no-taxes outlook than anything to do with bush's c.o.c. abilities.

but, what is good for a religious group's agenda is not always in line with what's good for the entire country.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I know; being president of this country is hard work.

well, it really is hard work. it bothers me that he complains about it through actions as well as words. for a person so intent on staying in the white house, he sure doesn't seem to want be there much.

i don't care how much hi tech gadgetry he has, nothing can replace the hands on, going into the office approach for the day to day management of a company or country.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:22 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

heya frank. got a spare "little kings" for me??? Laughing

i'm becoming more and more convinced that the folks who are staunch bush supporters are doing so based more on their religious and no-taxes outlook than anything to do with bush's c.o.c. abilities.

but, what is good for a religious group's agenda is not always in line with what's good for the entire country.

I think they are voting for him because the simply cannot get out from under their ideology.

Surely they can see that he is incompetent...and surely they can see the serious damage this adminisration has done to us and the rest of the world.

Surely they can see that the pack of lies and fabrications that went into this misadventure called the Iraq War...were nothing more than that.

And surely they can see that Bush and Cheney are damn near to delusional when it comes to what is going on over there.

This administration has been a catastrophe for our country...and these people want to prolong this administration!!!!

Egad!

Oh, by the way...what's "little kings?"
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:30 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Oh, by the way...what's "little kings?"

little kings is a great little cream ale brewed down in cinncinatti. has a kind of spicy finish. they come in small bottles and in an 8 pack. i thought they had 'em up your way.

everyonce in a while my wife comes across them in an import store out here.

frank, you must search them out. it's a moral imperitive.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:33 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
I think they are voting for him because the simply cannot get out from under their ideology.

which is why i am so against religion weadling it's way into government.

faith based iniatives? please... faith based prisons, like the one they just converted to down in florida? double please...
0 Replies