The Three Faces of Bush

Harper

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 09:50 pm
So what will we see Wed Night? Bush can't repeat either personality from the first two debates, so we will have to see one of his other Sybils. This is a no win situation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,137 • Replies: 12
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:46 am
Since domestic issues include right to life, stem cell research, gay marriage...I expect georgie playing dress up as a minister Wednesday...pandering to the religious right and playing the Jimmy Swaggart role......"I believe what God has told me and since God said it, and since John Kerry doesn't agree with me, then John Kerry is Godless." That sort of simplistic message that plays so well in the Midwestern and Southern caucasian trailer park wastelands......just my prediction....I could of course, be mistaken.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:50 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Since domestic issues include right to life, stem cell research, gay marriage...I expect georgie playing dress up as a minister Wednesday...pandering to the religious right and playing the Jimmy Swaggart role......"I believe what God has told me and since God said it, and since John Kerry doesn't agree with me, then John Kerry is Godless." That sort of simplistic message that plays so well in the Midwestern and Southern caucasian trailer park wastelands......just my prediction....I could of course, be mistaken.

I think you are correct, Bear. Bush does pander to the Red States and pretty much ignores the "godless" states such as CA and NY which are solidly in the Kerry camp.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:10 am
Right on Larry. I simply can't wait until the president is re-elected and can finally begin delivering a weekly sermon in place of his usual news-based weekly radio program. No doubt, God will at some point tell him to dirty all the air and water, cut down all the forests, gun down all endangered species, and drill for oil on every square foot of American soil while he is giving lucrative Halliburton contracts to the exclusion of all others, stripping the poor of all their assets in order to enrich the rich, outsourcing every job in the nation, and suppressing the black vote. At last the evil GOP will complete destruction of the nation and the planet. (You do understand that the president has the power to do all this, yes?)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:15 am
Foxfyre, didn't you sign the non-disclosure agreement that came with your Republican voter card?

Ashcroft will hear of this and soon your cat will be punished accordingly.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:19 am
My cat? He'll have to catch him first.

Who shall we invade next? I vote for France.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:03 pm
While Bush's pandering to the red states can do no damage to him in the solidly blue states like the aforementioned N.Y. and California, I believe it will be a net negative on undecideds in states like Pennsylvania and the recently "in play" New Jersey.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:32 pm
France next.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:44 pm
The coneheads already took France.

Too late.

But Bush is working on the "mass quantities" thing - starting with greased pretzels.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 09:46 pm
Lash wrote:
France next.

France next...what? Ever been to Paris? Just wondering...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:01 pm
Harper wrote:
Lash wrote:
France next.

France next...what? Ever been to Paris? Just wondering...

Yes, and as a result all the more in favor of "France Next!"

I love France, it's the French I can't stand.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 11:11 pm
I think he's going to start off soft and friendly, kind of like he was in places in the last debate, but then as the questions begin to get to him, he'll get a little bit testy. We won't see it coming out of the gate as we did in the 2nd debate because that hasn't played out to be in his favor in the follow-up polls, but he'll lose it at some point: frown, and grimace, grind his teeth, say something peevish or petty, make a joke that;ll go over like a lead balloon. All of that he did in the last 2 debates, so we will get, what Kerry has predicted from Bush's behavior, more of the same.

I hope he will be asked to answer with details about his plans, and also explain why he thinks his plan will work. I don't expect him to be able to that consistantly, coherently, for a 90 minute timespan, though.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 11:57 pm
Re: The Three Faces of Bush
Harper wrote:
So what will we see Wed Night?

More lame attempts at attack by Kerry. Basically, it's all he's got. Nobody could try to run on Kerry's record in the US senate over the last 20 years since there's nothing really there. Kind of like trying to use a propeller and airfoils in a vacuum.
0 Replies