Hurtful words

Jaqqi

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 03:05 pm
Has anyone ever been with someone who was mentally abusive? Or were mentally abusive themselves? How does or did it make you feel? We're you able to forgive them? I need to know how badly I may have hurt my boyfriend I said some pretty hurtful things to him and I feel very bad about it every time I think about what I said I want to cry.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,751 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Skeleton

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 03:37 pm
@Jaqqi,
If you think you've abused him then stop, it's not hard. Say you're sorry if he ever felt like he was abused.

Me, I've been abused by my dad, and my ex girlfriend was both abused and abusive. It was tough to deal with.
0 Replies

Ettamae

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 06:17 pm
@Jaqqi,
I too was abused growing up, and got involved with abusive men. There are different types of abuse: physical, emotional, mental.
So now I'll find myself saying things to people that I regret, and it leaves me feeling less than at times.
Yet as long as you apologize and are determined to at least make an attempt or to not repeat it, you'll be fine.
But please notice I said "attempt." That's because if you've been abused in any form or fashion in your life it'll always be a battle unfortunately.
Warning: with attempts there will be periods of repeats. Try not to let that convince yourself that you'll never make it. You will.
You, me, and others like us are what are called "diamonds in the rough." We're indeed very special!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2016 03:04 pm
Using "Hurtful words" are not necessarily abusive behavior unless it's done repeatedly.

From your other posts, it would seem that your BF's behavior is aloof, selfish, distracted, or lazy. He could be in a depression or waiting for you to break up with him because he just doesn't have the courage to do it himself.

If you called him out on those behaviors and words were exchanged, it's not necessarily abuse. It may just be trying to provoke him into being honest.
0 Replies