Lunchables

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 02:39 pm
That's why I eat real butter Kristie:)

My daughter eats sometimes lunchables - and they
are way healthier than a hamburger for that matter.
Her school lunches (private school) are often
no better than a lunchable.

Preparing nutritious food at home doesn't work either,
as it will be tossed for sure. So, I let her eat either
lunch at school or she'll take along a lunchable instead,
and in the evening she eats something healthy with
salads and vegetables. So far so good. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
I've seen moldy margarine.
There was some buried in tubs in the backyard of my house when I bought it.
I don't know why, and I don't want to know why.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 09:26 pm
we keep some MRE's in our boat just in case we run out of food on a longer trip. All we do is boil some water and mush the bags and eat from thhe pouch. Its not a lunchable , its more like dehydrated real food, not "round (unidentifiable meat) and (erzats) cheese on a cracklon. mREs carry expiration dates that assume a new war every 10 years, and they are meant to be used before you get new dates.

well cheese is almost the exact same molecule as a bowling ball. Thats why many people have ....uh....problems
0 Replies

William1987

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:19 pm
Well, word to y'all bashin on my lunchables, but...
I just ate a crackers 'n cheese
it was damn good!
you all say it's unhealthy?
Maybe true, but who can honestly say that their children never eat crackers and cheese. At least we've gots the ham. May cost a lilttle more be we've get the sweet fun size lunchable candy...yeah not a good deal,
still, I support my mal nutritious snack to my mal nutritious grave
0 Replies

William1987

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:19 pm
asdf
0 Replies

William1987

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:22 pm
sorry for the miss post
-Willaum-
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 11:23 am
Dlowan - Yeah, but you have veggiemite (sp?). Nasty, but at least it is healthy.

I agree Jane on the school lunches being less than healthy. Although, my daughter's school does not provide lunch, I have volunteered at the public schools and their lunches look horrible. In that case, I see no difference in the quality of food between lunchables and the school lunch. At least the lunchables would taste better for the children. I cannot understand how come the school systems cannot come up with more healthy lunches.

I prepare healthy lunches for my daughter and she does eat them. Sometimes as a treat, I throw in cookies or chips, but try to include fruit, veggies, yogurt, etc.

As far as lunchables, to me it is more that the food is processed. I don't have a problem with cheese and crackers, but by buying them separately you can choice healthier choices of these products. Also, not for every lunch.
0 Replies

Richard Stewart

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 05:18 am
Here we serve our kids a varm and cooked meal for lunch and the school lunches are free for all children between the age of 6 and 15. Many schools have a small lunch fee for puplis between the age of 16-18 (around 150 dollars each semester that the parents have to pay). This lunchable dosen't sound so tasty but ofcours you can get used to everything.
0 Replies