LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 06:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
I will note, however, that the next platform of this community will enable each user to create their own communities and their own rules, and if some of them want to tolerate such slurs they will be allowed to.

I hope communities get a way to combat vote-down abuse.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 06:00 am

For what it's worth, my router is dead. I'm on the internet now by connecting a computer directly to the broadband modem (which I don't like to do because I'm missing the router's hardware firewall).

I'm running Norton Internet Security, but still.

I'll probably be offline for a few days while Newegg ships me a new router. But I'd probably be spending most of my time watching the Olympics and playing World of Warcraft instead of posting anyway, so maybe not much difference.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 02:13 am
Anyone know what's become of BillRM?

He seems to have suddenly disappeared three months ago.

Was he suspended?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 04:15 am
@firefly,
He could have been arrested for all I know. Wouldn't be surprised.
farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:20 am
@izzythepush,
wow, completely forgot about bill RM
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 07:07 am
@firefly,
He's mad at us, he's posting with coldjoint, hawkeye, Frank (of all people) somewhere else. Frank sent me the link if you want it. Its pretty dismal - nonstop brawling.
firefly

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 08:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
No, I really don't think that's it, bobsal.

Hawkeye has become very active at this site (which does not appear to be "dismal nonstop brawling"--it seems to be a more than decent discussion site).
http://www.debatepolitics.com/members/hawkeye10.html

Frank is there too, but he is much less active than Hawkeye.

I see no evidence, at all, that BillRM is there. Because of his tortured, semi-literate manner of presentation, his posts would be relatively easy to spot--particularly if he was continuing to follow Hawkeye, as he did here.

BillRM's sudden disappearance is more like that of OmsigDavid and spendius--a rather abrupt cessation of posting, by a long time active poster, and without any prior warning that an imminent departure was coming. Except it's also possible that he was suspended because he was behaving somewhat bizarrely, in at least one thread, by repeatedly reposting the exact same post, over and over, because he was pissed it was being thumbed down and ignored. The effect of his childish stunt was intentionally disruptive to the flow of that thread. I have no idea what he might have been doing in other threads as well, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was suspended for something.

I don't miss him, I just wonder what happened to him. I don't think he just suddenly decided to go post elsewhere. He was posting quite actively here until three months ago, and then he very suddenly vanished. Puzzling...
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 08:10 am
@firefly,
Frank told me he's here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/
firefly

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 08:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It looks like Frank has been at that site, http://www.usmessageboard.com/, for only the past 2 weeks. He's been at the other site, http://www.debatepolitics.com/members/hawkeye10.html, (where Hawkeye's been posting away since getting kicked out of here), for a few years.

But BillRM appears to be among the missing.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 08:28 am
@firefly,
I don't miss any of them.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 08:49 am
@edgarblythe,
Actually, I do miss Frank.

Even when he does the curmudgeon act.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 09:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
To each his own.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 09:52 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Frank was a one-trick pony with increasing vituperation. He left a few years ago and came back and actually started out pretty sane. Then, when people disagreed with his "beliefs" he started lashing back with increasing hatred. (AQt least so it seemed to me).
Cold joint , I could not see why he just didnt go fishing and not even post. He had but one clear thought wave but was unable to defend it with anything but short insults. He was a bit on the dim side (unlike Frank who was jut[in my mind] kinda spooky)

BILLRM and HAWKEE, havent ever given them a thought, so stying away is a gtreat career move for those two.
I will not be joining or visiting those sites you posted.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 11:27 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I will not be joining or visiting those sites you posted.

Between here and DU I'm at about all the sites I can piss people off on. There's only so much time in the day.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 11:36 am
@firefly,
I don't think hawkeye was kicked out of here. I think most people leave on their own, because the heat gets too hot for them.
firefly

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 04:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hawkeye was suspended for 6 months last December. It was an unusually long suspension. He then decided he didn't want to return and made one post in June when the suspension ended.

But, with BillRM, there seems to be no clear indication of what happened to him--he was posting consistently and frequently, as always, and then he rather suddenly stopped/disappeared in May and that was it. He never gave any indication of wanting, or planning, to leave as far as I can tell, but he might have been suspended. I'm just curious whether anyone actually knows what happened with him.

I still wonder about what happened to OmSigDavid and spendius, who also both suddenly disappeared. I guess we'll never know...

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:05 pm
@firefly,
Maybe the moderators will provide an answer. I enjoyed my banter with spendius. Too bad he's gone. Didn't enjoy it with OmSigDavid, and I don't even remember the reasons. My memory is really getting bad. I hope it's not the beginning of dementia.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 01:58 pm
Where is Lordyaswas? Hopefully just on holiday - or am I missing something?
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 02:02 pm
@vonny,
I have been missing him too, but it's also a time of the year when he and his wife go spend time in France and he doesn't post. Also, he may be cranky, as he was quite strong as a Brit LEAVE voter, thus disagreeing with many. Not that disagreement usually stops him.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 02:09 pm
@vonny,
Lordyaswas makes me laugh. I wish he would return.