LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

JPB

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:53 pm
@farmerman,
Still no sign of him, eh? Sorry to see anyone drop off like that. I hope he's ok.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 09:57 pm
@JPB,
Yep. I may have been in the minority, but I always enjoyed my interactions with Spendi.
JPB

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 10:11 pm
@Ticomaya,
Me too, Tico. In his own way...
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 12:46 am
@Ticomaya,
I miss spendius too. As infuriating as I could find him at times, I also found him interesting company to be around and no unpleasantness ever passed between us. I sincerely hope he's all right.
vonny

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 04:25 am
@firefly,
He could be infuriating - very! But I miss him more than I'd ever have imagined ... wish he'd return. Somehow I can't believe we won't hear from him again - hope I'm right.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 02:44 pm
@vonny,
Spendius and I joined A2K during the same week in November 2004. It is our ten year anniversary! I wish he was here to celebrate with me.
vonny

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 02:54 pm
@wandeljw,
I'm going to keep my fingers firmly crossed and hope that he's okay.

Congratulations on your ten year anniversary! Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 10:59 pm
@wandeljw,
I miss him too, wandel...I came a month before you in 2004.
Somehow I think something happened to spendius, he would not just leave without saying a word. He was such a creature of habit: first a2k, then a bath and a trip to the pub. His daily ritual and nothing ever changed that.
vonny

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:33 am
@CalamityJane,
I've just been reading some of his old posts on the Acronym thread - gosh, I do miss him. I've only been posting on these threads for two years, so I don't know him as well as most people, but he was very kind to me when I first came across from the crossword puzzling threads - helped me lots. I do hope you are wrong, and that he'll return. But it is a long time now even if he's been convalescing after an illness - I guess I'm just searching for possible explanations for his absence!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:50 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
Yep. I may have been in the minority, but I always enjoyed my interactions with Spendi.

Me too. Always good for a reasonable conversation.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 02:47 pm
I'm still very curious about the disappearance of Matt Davis and his girlfriend. He meant to stop posting for a while until they were settled in Detroit and he'd taken up his new nursing post at the hospital, but we never heard any more from him.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 04:55 pm
@vonny,
vonny wrote:

I'm still very curious about the disappearance of Matt Davis and his girlfriend. He meant to stop posting for a while until they were settled in Detroit and he'd taken up his new nursing post at the hospital, but we never heard any more from him.
One he got there and realized what he has signed up for he was probably too embarrassed to come back around. Not many girls would put up what that foolishness either, maybe she left him. Detroit is a dangerous and depressing place for whites to be living in.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:03 pm
@vonny,
spendi had a special style of composition I enjoyed reading when he was sober.
I miss the guy too, and wondered why he abruptly stopped posting. I hope he's okay.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I hope he's okay.

doubtful. I recall that he was increasingly mentioning is age and health.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 08:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
I remembered (mentioned on this thread) his talking about his health in just a few words and I looked back at his posts - egads, I didn't know he posted on all those threads I never read - for a few months and couldn't find any mention.
People conjecture about some long trip or vacation, but he wasn't into transportation waste. I take his absence as health related.

He drove me nutso in a variety of ways with his riffs, but he once wrote me a straightforward pm that I took as from the real him. Perhaps.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 05:23 pm
@neologist,
Bobsail is still here, maybe you are posting on different threads. He's alive and well.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 06:22 pm
Yikes, I back tracked a few pages and saw that t2l was shot. OMG how did that happen and is she alright???
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:24 pm
@glitterbag,
What? She was shot? By who? Did she say? I have to look now...
panzade

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 10:39 pm
@glitterbag,
I thought it was a hoax
glitterbag

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 10:48 pm
@panzade,
I think you're right, I got a few PM's pointing out the error of my statement. I'm normally not that gullible, at least I thought I wasn't.