LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 01:45 pm
@panzade,
I'll try and wrap this up....of course the house, being mayor, and the heart problems have changed my life a great deal....mainly I have become quieter, and more withdrawn. I have found out that the less I say, the better off I am...period.....I always knew this, but now I really know why it needs to be done.

It seems that even my mind has changed a great deal....heh well I mean it has switched to nearly a pure writers mind....uh....I've always been in that "gear" but my thoughts are way more narative now than before, and I've become even more critical and analytical, my wife and children refrer to this as....he's more of hardass now.

Something of interest perhaps....I've made the joke a time or two that maybe I read Dickens at too young an age....I believe this to be the truth now, as for some reason, I have a tendency to throw out the odd 1840ish.....out of date old English word.....such as I keep calling my clerk, clark. I also vividly recall smells from my childhood, for no reason at all. There are lots of little quirks that I have noticed, I guess it's all part of it I suppose, but I will be re-reading Dickens, he along with Twain are my top choices, actually I will probably pay them both a visit. When I first discovered them and dove into their worlds, that was one of the greatest times of my life.

I spend a lot of my free time working jigsaw puzzles and reading....I tend to read 4 or 5 books at once, one is taken to dr visits, one while riding in the car, a different one on the headboard...etc....it's kinda like channel surfing I guess.

Anyway, I doubt I'll have much to say, but I have been and probably will continue to do so, check in here everyday to see what's up.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 01:52 pm
@2PacksAday,
Your posts have always been among the best-written at A2K, 2Packs. We would all like to see more, but your health is the most important thing right now.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 01:54 pm
@2PacksAday,
It's verra good to see you here! x
Reyn

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 08:24 pm
@Izzie,
And you, too, Izzie! Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 09:28 pm
I have been reading along with great interest. It takes a remarkable man to to be that unswerving in attachment to duty and other goals. I hope you can continue to be part of a2k for many years to come.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 06:49 am
@2PacksAday,
2PacksAday wrote:
I'm only 40 ya know, not the typical age for this sort of thing.

This is what I thought! ("But how could he have a heart attack, he's my age," I thought. But I couldn't remember for absolute sure.)

So you're going to get a heart transplant?

Damn you're tough. That's a lot of bad stuff to get through.

Great to see you, thanks for the accounts, I'd like to read more -- ideally that you got a new heart and it's tickity-boo, but whatever is to be said I'd like to read.
Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 06:51 am
@2PacksAday,
Keep on keeping on. You've got a cheering squad and a lot of members here interested in your welfare.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 08:01 am
@sozobe,
Ditto. You write so well in the first place, and now, just wow.
2PacksAday

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 12:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks guys,

Yes a transplant is in my future, since I'm in a special program it may be sooner than later, I've already had two open heart ops, so I'm in no hurry for the third. Nobody really knows why, but best guess is I was born with a weak heart....I've always had some mild issues with it, such as I could not rock in a rocking chair, my heart would go numbish feeling and I'd be asleep in a few seconds. So it seems that it may have been a mild birth defect, especially since they found another anomaly in my leg....which is also fixed now.

I was going to mention this earlier, my name of course, yes I was a smoker for about 22 yrs, {I am 42, today actually} and I had told myself that when I finished the house, I would quit smoking....didn't quite work out that way, my last taste of nicotine was about 4am the morning I finally went to the hospital. I let my wife sleep until around 6 cause I figured it might be a long day. I've not touched one since. When I throw my pistols on, and especially after "going to work with them" ....putting 12 rounds into something very quickly {Colt single action revolvers} I do wish I had a cigar, but not to smoke.....just to knaw on, but I'm not gonna temp myself.

I'm sure the smoking didn't help, we all know it's not good for you, but it honestly didn't effect me much either, as I have many, many chest x-rays to prove it. Unless they look very close, nobody can tell I ever smoked at all...and I smoked two packs of Marlboro reds a day for over two decades.

Disclamer: Any young person that just read that last sentence, that is not normal, do not attempt to duplicate this feat at home.

I was telling my wife a few days ago, that even though the last year and a half has been rough....there are many things that went well for us. Our oldest daughter married a boy that we all like and love, and last weekend he returned to us from Qutar, alive and with no bullet holes in him. He is an MP...big fella....and was gone for about a year. The same daughter bought a nice brick home here in town, and started training with my wife so she can take over her business someday....maybe.

Of course I'm tickled to death with my own house, it's really shaped up nicely, most people think I tore the old one down and built a new one in it's place. We jokingly call it the Manor, both daughters have it named that on facebook......"at the Manor with mom and dad".....that sort of thing.

Accentuate the positive, that is one of the keys to life.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 12:59 pm
@2PacksAday,
you're to ornery to be done this early, packs...

keep on truckin' dude.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 01:03 pm
@2PacksAday,
Happy Birthday, 2Packs. And many more!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 03:38 pm
@2PacksAday,
Quote:
I do wish I had a cigar, but not to smoke.....just to knaw on

Try some whole-stick cinnamon. That's what helped me kick the smoking and something to gnaw on habit. You can also let them soak in water overnight in the fridge and have some wonderful sugar-free cinnamon tea that is supposed to be very good for you...helps naturally even out the sugar spikes and maintain insulin levels. The good thing about them is they are reusable. Just let them dry out thoroughly and use them again for the next batch of tea. Slivers of those soaked cinnamon sticks are excellent to gnaw on.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 03:46 pm
@2PacksAday,
Your smoking was about the same or less than mine - I smoked twenty years, sometimes three packs a day, but I left a lot of stubs around as I often smoked in the lab (those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end, and the boss, m.d., smoked more). Excellent time to quit - I quit cold at 41. Quit cold five years before, but the second time took.

The surprise of it was (situations may vary) that I thought smoking calmed me, and I was calmer after I quit. Well, not the first few days (toothpicks). Second surprise was how I liked air.

Carry on.
dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 03:50 pm
@2PacksAday,
Pleeeeze don't wrap it up.

Very sorry you are going through bad health, but hearing from you is wonderful!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 03:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Your family sounds wonderful. And the Manor is grand in the best way.

And definitely, Happy Birthday.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 04:05 pm
@dlowan,
2Packs could start a new thread, to be posted on as he wants, maybe linking
http://able2know.org/topic/35573-269#post-5092693
He'd already have listeners, listeners that get episodic non posting.

Or not, not to push.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 04:19 pm
Alright. Where the hell is set?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 05:15 pm
@2PacksAday,
wow, wow and wow

glad to see you posting

c'est tout
0 Replies