J.J. Abrams

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:03 pm
What do you all think of his series, "Alias," and have any of you watched any of his new series, "Lost," and do you know of any other work by ABrams?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 509 • Replies: 1
No top replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 05:38 pm
Alias, when it first debuted, was an original series, and that seems to be the case w/Lost. Razz Not a cookie cutter copy of another series (think cop shows or forensic science solves the mystery... Rolling Eyes)

I started a thread below about Lost, and am starting to love[/b] this series! The little boy seems to be the key, last week he was reading a comic book with a polar bear, then a polar bear showed up; this week, he wanted his dad to go look for his dog, and after the dad promised he'd go as soon as the rain stopped, it suddenly stopped... But there is this one other character who seems to be some sort of a puppet master, and he played the boss on Alias, but is no longer on that show... His behavior is... odd, to say the least. He talked about bacgammon, about the light and dark, it seemed to refer to the action within the plot of the show, too... Abrams has a style which includes unusual characters and many unexpected twists. Also, how they are multiethnic, and yet dropped into another world, and forced to get along while the real world is waging war and terror reigns... Terror also lives in their world, it is not an accident.

Lightwizard, if you happen to read this, can you fill in the blank spaces about Abrams career in film, is it only for the small screen? And what is that guy's name who played the boss on Alias and is now on Lost? Confused He's really very good, along with the former hobbit. I'm assuming the concept came before the cast... but the one guy in 2 of his works makes me wonder if he's a favorite actor or a friend or relative... (Reminds me of the women and men recurring in Woody Allen's movies, and David Mamet's wife in his movies, and Fellini's wife in his, David Lynch's buddies in his, Quentin Tarantino's in his, etc.)

Here's a link to a review...
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18025

and another...
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-09/07/12.00.tv
0 Replies