It's Official: No WMD in Iraq... Again

woiyo

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:04 pm
Duck - With respect to Iraq, I do not (besides the libertarian candidate, Mike Bednarick) have a candidate with a chance of winning to vote for.

Yet there are more issues than Iraq
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:14 pm
Quote:
Months have passed since I've been back home and the unfortunate conclusion I've come to is that Bush is a lying, manipulative ************ who cares nothing for the lives of those of us who serve in uniform. Hell, other than playing dress-up on aircraft carriers, what would he know about serving this nation in uniform?

His silence and refusal to speak under oath to the 9/11 Commission further mocks our country. The Patriot Act violates every principle we fight and die for. And all of this has been during his first term. Can you imagine his policies when he doesn't have to worry about re-election? We can't allow that to happen, and there are so many like me in the military who feel this way. We were lied to and used. And there aren't words to describe the sense of betrayal I feel as a result.

disillusioned; it's not just for kerry anymore.

should be a group of "concerned, troubled" texans called "abrahams tank veterans for truth" popping up to go after this guy any day now.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 03:52 pm
None too soon IMHO.
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:03 pm
woiyo wrote:
Well then, where did they go? That does not seem to be addressed (unless I missed it).

Wouldn't it be nice to know where they went?

Hmmm. Maybe he loaned them out to North Korea. Or maybe he sent them to his favorite country aside from the U.S.---Iran.

OR!!!!!!!!!!!

There were NO WMD's to begin with!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 06:44 am
http://nytimes.com/2004/10/07/politics/07food.html

http://nytimes.com/imagepages/2004/10/07/international/07INTEL-GRAPH.html

If we never eliminated the Saddam regime and allowed the "status que" as is your position, Saddam would have used the revenue from the corrupt oil for food program to rebuild his arsenal. You can thank your buddies in France, Germany and Russia and the UN for almost pulling it off.

Luckilly, GW took action and eliminated that threat.

Yet, I do not suspect you will agree.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:06 am
You need more than money to build an arsenal.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:29 am
There was a sanction on Iraq; a no fly zone in Iraq, and we had UN inspectors in Iraq. Yes, Saddam was playing a game to get the sanctions lifted so he could begin his WMD program, but he was whistling dixie, because the US would never have approved lifting the sanctions.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:42 am
Cicerone - It is naive to think that as a result of that report, Saddam was at minimum, a gathering threat. Remember, the corruption was taking place under the noses of the UN and their inspectors.

IMO, there wqs only one choice at that time and that was to remove the threat. Once the threat was removed, our job was done.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:55 am
If the job was done, what the fxxk are we still doing there?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 11:04 am
Cicerone - That is a different issue. However, it seems this administration is convinced that if we re-install a stable govt, the region and the world would be better off.

While that may be true (or fantasy), I do not see ,constitutionally that it is OUR job to do it.

I firmly support our founding fathers warnings---BEWARE OF FOREIGN ENTANGLEMENTS
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 11:13 am
woiyo, I really gotta say, once you've gotten into the swing of things, your posts have improved immesurably in both content and tone.

I actually look forward to reading your opinions now.

Cheers and keep up the good work

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:58 pm
woiyo wrote:
Well then, where did they go? That does not seem to be addressed (unless I missed it).

Apparently Charles Duelfer, the administration's top weapons inspector, today has a report out that says Iraq had destroyed the stockpiles it did have after the first Persian Gulf War under the pressure of U.N. sanctions ...

nimhwho'sonlygottentopageoneofthisthread
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:38 pm
Uh-oh ... no WMD in Iraq? There are now ... (emphasis added)

Quote:
Tempering the Sadr cease-fire news, the LAT runs a front-pager on the increasingly sophisticated efforts by some Iraqi extremist groups to produce chemical and biological weapons. This is according to a "little-noticed" section of the now-famous Duelfer Report (see Slate's coverage), which states that "the risk of a 'devastating' attack [on U.S. troops] with unconventional weapons has grown since the U.S.-led invasion and occupation of Iraq last year."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:41 pm
Things are progressing well in Iraq. Stay the course.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:51 am
better watch it CI; you will be accused of only seeing the bleeding side of things and being negative. :wink:
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 12:58 pm
revel wrote:
better watch it CI; you will be accused of only seeing the bleeding side of things and being negative. :wink:

gee, remember the good old days when seeing things for what they are was called being realistic?

and noticing a problem and wanting to fix it was leadership?

and loyalty to your country, not a particular president or party, was called patriotism?

i suspect that when bush has left the building, things may return to these "values"...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:33 pm
revel, Ever hear of reverse-psychology? LOL
0 Replies