To Blame the President

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:22 pm
Who actually believes the president is responsible for everything?

If so, don't you think it might be time for American citizens to take back their nation and place the president in his proper role? He is nothing more than a servant to the American people anyway, isn't he?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 789 • Replies: 11
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:24 pm
But it's hard work.....
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:27 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
But it's hard work.....

I know it is. To sit and listen to people report and tell you what's going on while you walk off an airplane into a limo and wave at people. Gosh. Don't ever put that kind of pressure on me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:28 pm
hard hard work, it's hard.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:15 am
Well, some of us are blaming the president, others are making excuses for him. It comes out even.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:18 am
the bush administration and any administrtion I suppose....gladly claims credit for anything good that happens then cries foul if they're blamed for anything bad that happens. What gives?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:18 am
MA,

It's the advisors and cabinet that I blame. Bush is the guy they put up front to look good and take all the heat, while the real decisions are made by the same neocons who picked him to run for president in the first place.

I don't blame Bush, but I do feel sorry for him.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:27 am
In today's editorial pages. It's hard work to screw up tihs country so bad, it'll take the next two decades to fix everything back to what it was before Bush.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/itshardwork.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:36 am
I've always liked "the buck stops here."

If the president isn't ultimately responsible, who is?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:51 am
I can only speak from my own humble experience as a private caterer running my own business.

chef - 1826, from Fr. chef de cuisine, lit. "head of the kitchen."

Most don't make it to 'chef' because they can't take the heat. Some get a 'leg up', so to speak, often from something old, tough and grizzled, and vaguely antiquated as actual food for a mixed population, like mutton, or goat. Both meats are not inherently evil unto themselves, but they are frowned upon by many people unfamiliar with them. The same goes for sea cucumber, or edible insects. What creates a good chef is the skill to make even the most outrageous concept palatable to the general public. That's when the chips fall in favour of one chef over another.

Pardon me, I'm speaking in metaphor again.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:52 am
Re: To Blame the President
MichaelAllen wrote:
If so, don't you think it might be time for American citizens to take back their nation and place the president in his proper role?

You mean in his role as a retiree? Sure!

MichaelAllen wrote:
He is nothing more than a servant to the American people anyway, isn't he?

He isn't, and I agree this is nothing to hold against him per se. But when one particular servant manufactures an image of being able to walk on water, and it later turns out that he so can't, you can't blame the people for being pissed. His own hubris have set the standard he is failing to meet. He's got it coming.

<shrug>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:58 am
Re: To Blame the President
Thomas wrote:

You mean in his role as a retiree? Sure!

:-D
0 Replies